England : Lancashire Gizburn trail cente MTB meet- up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
OK, it's all gone a bit quiet Dan_bo. Is there anyone else who wants to join us for a ride at Gizburn. Don't be put of by my awesome speed, Dan isn't quite as fast and nobody gets left behind.

If my son does really well tomorrow and still feels up to it I might bring him along on Sundayas well. At the age of 11 he doesn't break any records up the hills but you might struggle to keep up with him on the descents :thumbsup:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I was down for this but unfortunately I'm going to have to pull out.

Family commitments have taken precedence I'm afraid.

I'll try and catch the next one

Cubist

Still wavin'
Enjoy. I have just woken up from my post FNTRttC nap (of 8 hours...) and am searching the house for something to put on my arse to stop the throbbing.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Enjoy. I have just woken up from my post FNTRttC nap (of 8 hours...) and am searching the house for something to put on my arse to stop the throbbing.
Frozen peas?

See you at Gisburn...... :laugh:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Scorchio :sun:

Kids were actually not on top form but they did do well considering. Typical of the younger one to lose a brake pad early on in the ride. I still don't know how he did it but finding the pad later when we were lost and went back down the track where it went missing I was amazed to find it on a relatively smooth, level part of the track just lying right on the riding line??? When he lost it from the front brake I nicked one of the rears to replace it as I reckoned he was much better with a front brake instead of skidding out of control down a gravelly hill with just a rear brake.

As it turns out it was the right choice and the lack of rear brake didn't seem to hinder him much and I reckon the only bit it stopped him from riding down was the stony bit after the swoops on Hully Gully.

Ironically, when we tried to cut the ride short at the end and got lost we actually ended up covering over 14.5 miles, the circuit is supposed to be about 11 miles :whistle:

Think I might go back alone some time and do a full fast loop to see how it feels at full tilt. I reckon it could be a nice flowing circuit with enough technical interest to make it worth the 2nd trip.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
By the way Dan, H was breathing down your neck on some of the climbs and giving you a good run for your money on the descents as far as I could see. This time next year and it'll be you chasing him! Just wait until I buy him a decent light bike.... :becool:

Top Bottom