Google Street View

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine is (SW18) although I wished they'd told me in advance as I'd have cut the front hedge!

S

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
My house is most certainly visible. The imagery was taken in the last 18 months too. Roll over multimap eagle eye view! Looks better than the bits I saw of the US. Chuffing heck.

Disappointingly they've done some major population centres... plus Scunthorpe. And some strange areas of East Anglia.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

We could get everyone to send the google streetmap pictures of their houses to Admin. Then he could publish them and we could have a competition....

Who would live in a house like thiiiisss? ;)

magnatom said:
It appears that Google Street view UK has gone live. So who's house is visible? Mine isn't.
Try Windows Live Bird's Eye View its been running for a while and the pics are really up to date, they've even got my flat.

Oh, google map has finally come up our server is slow, the coverage of my flat is very impressive.

MajorMantra

I can see my flat, very neat!

Davywalnuts said:
Any way we could find out the actually dates and time so I could "stalk" myself?

I was wondering that, just spent a while following my normal routes to see if they caught me cycling. I can't figure out when the Edinburgh images were taken though. I think they're quite recent as the informatics building at the university appears to be finished (which happened sometime in the summer) but I'm having trouble pinning it down. Can any Edinburgh folk tell for sure?

Matthew

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Yes, looking at building developement around here, shadow angle and shop opening times, ive narrowed it down to a week day, late summer, between half 11 and half 2 pm.. So no doubt, ill be at my desk... darn!!

radger

Veteran
My flat is - I am not surptised though as one of Google's camera cars was based a couple of streets away from me last summer.

Top Bottom