Google Street View

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I've been waiting for this for ages.

Last summer I got caught behind a Google car for a couple of hundred yards until I turned off. I was convinced I would be on Google, but I'm not
;)

redjedi

Über Member
summerdays said:
All I'm getting is normal Google maps - how do I get street view?

Grab the little yellow man and drag him over the map, the map wil highlight which roads are done, then drop your man on the street you want to see.

radger

Veteran
summerdays said:
All I'm getting is normal Google maps - how do I get street view?

If you put in your postcode, the balloon will have a link for streetview in it. Or you can drag the little figure from the top of the zoom bar to the right road (it'll be orange if street view is available).

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
redjedi said:
Grab the little yellow man and drag him over the map, the map wil highlight which roads are done, then drop your man on the street you want to see.

Ah ha - no my road isn't on Street view nor quite a few around it ... I will have to experiment some more and try and remember where I was when I saw the street view car too.

What a result! Mrs EMD was worried our house was going to look crap due to it being painted a horrible beige colour (it's on a list of things to do) Imagine my surpise to see the picture has come out a nice off white colour. Does that mean I don't have to paint it in the real world?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Arch said:
Yup, my flat is on there, also my workplace:

http://www.velovision.co.uk/forum-new/read.php?3,4292

The flat pic is out of date, as they repainted the window frames a different colour, a month back.

Just along from the link on velovision I've found a policeman cycling off the pavement! Naughty policeman!! :headshake:

bryce

Mine's on there in SW11, as is my car parked a few doors up.

Got to say I don't like it at all. Burglars can see straight through people's windows and see the 46" plasma's...

Arch

Married to Night Train
magnatom said:
Just along from the link on velovision I've found a policeman cycling off the pavement! Naughty policeman!! :hyper:

You want every escape route you can get on the edge of Tang Hall...:headshake:

To be strictly fair, he's not cycling is he, he's sort of parked...

Damn, I'm going to have to comb the city looking for myself.... Is there a prize if you spot yourself or someone you know?:wahhey:

I'm finding it a bit hit and miss placing the little bloke - I suppose there isn't a way to scroll along the lictures (I assume not, but I'm not sure how they were taken - is it fixed points, or continual?)

redjedi

Über Member
bryce said:
Mine's on there in SW11, as is my car parked a few doors up.

Got to say I don't like it at all. Burglars can see straight through people's windows and see the 46" plasma's...

I hate to break it to you, but burglars could see your 46" plasma through your window before Street view came along.

You would have to be a very lazy burglar to use year old plus, Google images for your reccies.

bryce

Sure most burglars are lazy and will look through the window themselves but the organised ones may be able to use this to filter their targets. Although granted - if you have enough £ to worry about, you're more than likely to live set back off the road and behind gates...

Top Bottom