Google Street View

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
My flat is ! As is the pub we all had our drink in after PfS last September.

They must have done the image capturing on different days or different times - the pub umbrellas are up and it's sunny on one view - move forward along the road one click and it's duller and the pub umbrellas are all down (as well as having different cars parked along the street).

Good fun though - I went the length of my commute but didn't spot myself (though I never saw the Google car last summer so I didn't think I'd have been captured).

A work colleague spotted the Google car sitting outside her flat last year, and took some photos of it from her kitchen window. She can now see herself in her jammies with a camera up to her eye if she zooms in on her flat !

domd1979

Veteran
My old house is, current one isn't! Quite impressive though.

One of my colleagues was stopped by bloke in a car driving round with a tripod/camera on the roof and asked for directions. She said she'd only give him directions if he told her what he was doing. Said he was working for Google Maps. Bit worrying he was lost....!!!!

magnatom said:
It appears that Google Street view UK has gone live. So who's house is visible? Mine isn't.

KristyA

Mine isn't, my parents isn't but typically my Monster-in-Law's is! They daren't come to Leeds by the looks of it!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Google earth data varies a lot. A fair chunk of the data put on in the massive update google earth did four years ago was from 2002. At the time that was pretty good. Since then some of the data has been updated with mostly 2006/7 data. Compared with what multimap and others had before these birdseye views came along is realy new, multimap used to have data that was 15-20 years old and very low grade!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I can see my LBS from here..

LBS.jpg

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I've also been trying to spot a cyclist, there's practically none about. Eventually found a pavement cyclist (going to town it's either the pavement or a three-quarter circuit of a tricky roundabout at this point)

Cyclist.jpg

Top Bottom