Google Street View

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
Yep, my flat is on there. Thankfully, the camera went down my street before half of it was closed off for the tram works. I have even found my car and I note that the number plate has been fuzzed out.

Will1985

Über Member
Checked out home in Norfolk - the best view of the house is between 2 pictures which is a shame so you mostly see trees.
They don't seem to have done Selly Oak but then I don't blame them.

gavintc said:
Yep, my flat is on there. Thankfully, the camera went down my street before half of it was closed off for the tram works. I have even found my car and I note that the number plate has been fuzzed out.
I believe when it was launched in the US a lot of people were caught parking where they shouldn't or worse :smile: now the faces and registration plates are blurred.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
They must have only done the important bits then. My house is there.

Mine isn't.

We still throw stones at buses up here and point at helicopters, so a car with loads of cameras on the roof would have been tantamount to the devil incarnate turning up.

See you all in 30 years.

Groan.

purpleR

Guru
MajorMantra said:
I can see my flat, very neat!

I was wondering that, just spent a while following my normal routes to see if they caught me cycling. I can't figure out when the Edinburgh images were taken though. I think they're quite recent as the informatics building at the university appears to be finished (which happened sometime in the summer) but I'm having trouble pinning it down. Can any Edinburgh folk tell for sure?

Matthew

Yup, it was late June I reckon. You can see the date of the performance on the Playhouse, and, creepily, you can see in the windows of my flat. My old flatmate's fig tree is still there, and he moved out mid July. Also lots of buttercups in flower in Holyrood Park, the mile-a-minute hedges are in flower and no patches on Meadows from the Lady Boys yet!

gavintc

Guru
purpleR said:
Yup, it was late June I reckon. You can see the date of the performance on the Playhouse, and, creepily, you can see in the windows of my flat. My old flatmate's fig tree is still there, and he moved out mid July. Also lots of buttercups in flower in Holyrood Park, the mile-a-minute hedges are in flower and no patches on Meadows from the Lady Boys yet!

Rather alarming that we date something based upon the Lady Boys :smile:. I thought it was summer, but had not done much investigation into the date.

Arch

Married to Night Train
A moment's thought tells me where the lady in the negligee is...

I've yet to find myself. We're looking out for the recycling truck too, and apparently some of it was shot on a Monday, because the boxes are out on a certain street.

yenrod

Mine aint - mainly its the centre of towns - not much cop if your outside of cities etc...some of the US contryside is there..

MajorMantra

purpleR said:

Chapeau to your sleuthing skills.:biggrin:

Matthew

magnatom said:
We could get everyone to send the google streetmap pictures of their houses to Admin. Then he could publish them and we could have a competition....

Who would live in a house like thiiiisss? :ohmy:

my flat at uni is on,

my parent's house isn't

the house I'm hopefully moving into is only shown from the rear.

Top Bottom