GT Grade 105 Alloy or Felt Z75

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyJ14

Got the Z75 with disc in the end. I showed the missus the GT and she nearly spat her wine out over the iPad so that decided it ;)
She's the one who's got to look at it when we go biking so...

Good decision and the criteria used was as good as any ^_^ Out of interest, where did you find the Disc in stock ? Wiggle have them, but not in a size that will fit myself or the Mrs.

Seems to be some confusion though over whether you order the the 75 / 85. I see you edited to help clear that up :okay:

OP
OP
G

Goobs

Veteran
Good decision and the criteria used was as good as any ^_^ Out of interest, where did you find the Disc in stock ? Wiggle have them, but not in a size that will fit myself or the Mrs.

Seems to be some confusion though over whether you order the the 75 / 85. I see you edited to help clear that up :okay:
What size are you after ?

billflat12

Veteran
Have always had gt,s so liked the grade, was concerned with disc brake forces up front for intended off road so almost bought one as evans had listed the105 model with the 15mm front axle, I went to ride one in maccesfield & was impressed, was also impressed with a norco that did have that stiffer 15mm front axle, but no trp/hyd brakes :sad: decisions decisions, bought a bargain full carbon merida 5000. model £700 cheaper from germany during that greek crisis

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Goobs

Veteran
Love to hear your thoughts on the bike in next few days Goobs. Hopefully you have better weather this week in Gods Own Country than we do in London.
It's officially my birthday present so other than a delivery check I'm not gonna get a run out on it till the start of October. It's going to be a frustrating month !
Does the z75 disc have mudguard mounts?
I had a quick look on Wiggles listing where someone asked the same. Apparently the old caliper mount holes are filled in on the frame so they recommend Crud RoadRacer guards or SKS Race blades.

addman100

Guru
Hi Guys,
I bought a Z75 disc from JE James a couple of weeks ago now and the bike is really impressive, I've bought it for winter riding and I'm really pleased with my choice.
Shifting the 11 speed 105 is so smooth, the only change I've made is swapping the wheels to some Kinesis Crosslights from my old winter bike.
Tyre cleance is ok, I've photographed the front clearance with 28mm Vittoria Zaffiro tyres.

Attachments

• 20150825_065322.jpg
    20150825_065322.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20150825_065313.jpg
    20150825_065313.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 39

AndyJ14

Thanks for the thoughts Addman. The first photo clearly shows you have a lot of room there to fit some mudguards. Especially impressive with those 28's on. My new Rose Disc (see the other thread here for photos) has much less clearance (and that's with 25's - albit they balloon out to nearer 27).

Glad to hear you like it. I've ridden the 10-speed F75 from a year / two back and was very impressed with it. Currently still very tempted to pickup the non-disc Z75 for a multitude of jobs. Bike for the Mrs, Winter runabout and to use on the trainer. These sale prices are just too tempting.

Top Bottom