Have I been sitting wrong?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
DEL 707

DEL 707

Did a cycle to Canterbury on Monday, my default route when I'm trying out something new, since there's a few stations along the way if I need to bail out.
Unfortunately I didn't have the "Hallelujah!" moment I was hoping for. After about a hour my buttocks went a bit numb, after another 30 minutes it got worse.
After 2 hours, I nearly asked a passing women if she would massage my arse back to live.

Thought occurred to me, is there a different in the padding positing in cycling and mountain biking shorts?
I'm using Pearl Izumi bib shorts, but I was wondering if I would be more comfortable in mountain biking shorts, since I have a hybrid bike?

RWright

Guru
Try more saddle time and some Vaseline. I don't think there is a Hallelujah moment like you are looking for. Try the "pain is just weakness leaving my body" approach. ;) It normally comes with more saddle time. Try standing to pedal for a while when your ass starts aching.

It's not just the saddle. You've got to be set up right on the bike. Reach to bars, saddle height, foot position on the pedals. Is there anyone local who could pop round and have a look.

Far too many people have the saddle too low and an otherwise poor set up who could ride all day with a few tweaks.

Top Bottom