Have you ever said "I Love You"......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
One of my female work collegues said it to me the other day as we were finishing a phone call.

I don't think she meant it

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Never said it without meaning it.

I tell my nearest and dearest I love them quite often.

snapper_37 said:
Never said it without meaning it.

I tell my nearest and dearest I love them quite often.

Don't think I've ever said it without meaning it. Didn't really have any relationships of any significance length that I needed to use those three words until I met the wife and I often tell Mrs AndyLaw I love her.

ChrisKH

Guru
ianrauk said:
You are probrably right. But even after 16 years it still gnaws away at me inside..:evil:.

I think that is why evertime I speak to ianrauk jnr (21 years old), which is not that often.. I tell him I love Him.

Indeed. Can't remember my dad ever saying it. Which is why I say it daily to my kids (6 & 9) when they go to bed. They just roll their eyes. :angry:

But they know.

postman

Legendary Member
I once played 'i've just called to say i love you' down the phone to a girl i was going out with two at the same time.

Kicked her into touch,for the other one ,who lived nearer.Only for her to kick me into touch.

Served me right.

Got a taste of my own medicine.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Yes, but only to get a woman into bed!

In my defence I was young (probably between 15 and 25) and it was before Mrs Wigs....

I always meant it when I said it before to the odd boyfriend - or at least what I thought was 'love' - but having spent 10 years with my other half and having been through some very tough times I now know what it actually is. ie not that hearts and flowers nonsense, it's to do with being very selfless with respect to your other half, and also being understanding towards them sometimes in spite their actions, letting them be themselves, grow and learn, over time, and also not judging them.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Kirstie said:
I always meant it when I said it before to the odd boyfriend - or at least what I thought was 'love' - but having spent 10 years with my other half and having been through some very tough times I now know what it actually is. ie not that hearts and flowers nonsense, it's to do with being very selfless with respect to your other half, and also being understanding towards them sometimes in spite their actions, letting them be themselves, grow and learn, over time, and also not judging them.

i was going to say more or less the same thing. when you're young you do mean (and feel) it, but your perspective changes over time. other than mrs alecetc, i've only ever told two girls i loved them, both earnestly, but looking back on it i guess there was an element of lust underpinning it…

Top Bottom