Have you ever said "I Love You"......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Dave5N said:
I was in Fareham Wheelers before your dad was a glint in the milkman's eye.

I've just joined :sad:

BigonaBianchi said:
Anybody care to define 'love'?:sad:

..Hmmmm...anticipates a long wait for an answer to that question:biggrin::laugh:

"to love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even an animal."
C.S. Lewis - the four loves.

To love is a choice, you choose to let down your guard and let someone in, you choose to stick around when they're being grumpy, moody, ill, mourning etc because you want to be there for them, because of the great times you have with them when things are great, possibly because of the support they give you.

I'm sure the people on here who are married can think of a time that they've had to choose to look at their spouse and say to themselves, "I do love him / her" even if their spouse at that point in time hasn't been their most loveable - I know I have and i've only been with my fiancee for about 15 months, and I know there are days i'll have to get up and choose to love her instead of it being instinctive, but for the times that I look at millie and think "wow, I love you so much" its worth it.

love is hard to explain, because it is one thing to one person and a different thing to someone else.

dudi

Nope...
I've only said it to one person, and I married them a few years later.
It helps that I started dating my wife when I was 16... so never really had the opportunity of telling someone else!

ChrisKH

Guru
ianrauk said:
I wish I had said 'I Love You' to my mum...

Yea, me too. I did, but she was very close to death and out of it. Never when you should, eh?

I think mothers know anyway.

U

User169

What's important here is when it's said - before or after coming.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I find it very difficult to say, partly because my family aren't at all demonstrative like that (although I know my parents love me, it's just never said). I suppose that has rubbed off on me and I tend to show my love by actions, doing things for people whom I love (I'm using it in the wider sense here, love for friends).

I suppose I demonstrate love to my husband by cooking him a nice meal or generally looking after him. Sometimes I send him a little card or something but it's got to be well over a year since I last said it. Strange, that; on the other hand, if people say it all the time (like in American films when they constantly say 'I love you, Mom') I think it has been cheapened somehow.

And to Ianrauk and ChrisKH, I am sure your mums knew. In the same way that my mum (still living) knows, I am sure. Even if it's not said.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You are probrably right. But even after 16 years it still gnaws away at me inside..:biggrin:.

I think that is why evertime I speak to ianrauk jnr (21 years old), which is not that often.. I tell him I love Him.

Auntie Helen said:
And to Ianrauk and ChrisKH, I am sure your mums knew. In the same way that my mum (still living) knows, I am sure. Even if it's not said.

Top Bottom