Hebden Bridge / Marsden / Holmfirth / Emley Moor - Sunday, May 23rd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi all. I'm just back from the flatlands of the Midlands and fancy a good hilly ride soon. Calum has sent me a PM suggesting a ride this weekend so how about the postponed 75-miler to Emley Moor on Sunday 23rd May? Usual ColinJ rules - a relaxing steady ride with good climbers waiting for me and other slower riders at the tops of the hills. Just have a good chat while you enjoy the scenery. We can have a pub lunch just after Emley Moor.

As before - meet Market Place car park, Hebden Bridge at 09:45, then ride round to the railway station to meet anybody coming in by train at 10:00.

We seem to have a period of settled weather so it should be a good day out on the bikes.

If you are free on Sunday and fancy joining us, sign up below.

Svendo

Guru
Can't make it again, but this time my excuse is not re-building MFI wardrobes this time but actually working I'm afraid. ;)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

aJohnson said:
I may be able, I may not though, so put me down as a maybe.
If you make it, don't forget the comfy shorts this time! ;)

Svendo said:
Can't make it again, but this time my excuse is not re-building MFI wardrobes this time but actually working I'm afraid. xx(
But Sunday is the day of rest! (Actually, if Sundays were I wouldn't be organising Sunday rides would I!)

Garz said:
Depends if I do this Pennine Challenge sportive on the saturday big C.
I can see why the two back-to-back might be somewhat tiring...

aJohnson said:
Do Le Terrier on 6th of June instead. 2600m climbing over 77miles.
About the same stats as my route! ;)

I just checked the Le Terrier route - I think I've ridden it all apart from a couple of miles near Lancaster. I like it out there in the Forest of Bowland but the event start/finish is not handy for me from Hebden Bridge.

Calum

Well I should be around for this one! See you all there on sunday.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Calum said:
Well I should be around for this one! See you all there on sunday.
At the moment 'all' is a very small number! Hopefully a few more people will decide to come along.

Garz said:
Big C only condones CC kit on his tours.. ;)

aJohnson said:
The only CC kit I currently own is a buff and given that it should be one of the warmest days of the year so far, I don't expect to be wearing that on Sunday. I'd like a full set of the black kit but I can't afford it at the moment.

trio25 said:
I'm a little busy this weekend, sorry ;-)
Until the next time then! Enjoy whatever else it is that you are doing.

colly

Re member eR
Sorry to say I am not able to join you.:laugh::sad:

Sounds like a good ride. Family and work have to take priority for a while so my bike is feeling kind of lonely at the moment.

I think I am going to get to bed earlier, wake up earlier, and begin again to do some early morning rides. I used to do that when I first started riding and really got a lot out of it.
If I don't do it soon I will forget how to ride.

Have a good ride on Sunday.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

colly said:
Sorry to say I am not able to join you.:biggrin::sad:

Sounds like a good ride. Family and work have to take priority for a while so my bike is feeling kind of lonely at the moment.
My bike knows the feeling!

colly said:
I think I am going to get to bed earlier, wake up earlier, and begin again to do some early morning rides. I used to do that when I first started riding and really got a lot out of it.

If I don't do it soon I will forget how to ride.
I'm planning on doing that too but I've been working on the computer until midnight some nights and then catching up on the Giro coverage. Late nights and early mornings don't go well together. I was so late going to bed last night that I actually hadn't gone to sleep when the sun came up this morning! So much for the simulated commute today... :smile:

colly said:
Have a good ride on Sunday.
Even if it is just me and Calum, I'm sure it will be a good day out but another 3 or 4 riders would always be welcome. (Hint! :smile:)

Top Bottom