Hello from a geriatric beginner!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RegG

Über Member
:welcome: Dave from another geriatric although I'm not quite as old as you!! Enjoy the riding and its even better when the sun shines :sun:

I'm 60 and not too far from you. I'm in Newton-le-Willows and have my train/bus pass now and that includes Southport! lol. I will be up around that way come the better weather.

OP
OP
D

DaveGM

I'm 60 and not too far from you. I'm in Newton-le-Willows and have my train/bus pass now and that includes Southport! lol. I will be up around that way come the better weather.

Let me know when the better weather arrives - maybe a shortish slowish ride!

RegG

Über Member
Hi from another newbie .... and I thought I was old at 49 !!!

You're a young whippersnapper! ^_^

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have been enjoying riding around the local area. OK, not particularly fast or great distances.

As for the title of this thread, I'm 63 with a recently resolved health issue so can post in both the beginners and health issues forums!
If its any encouragement to you.........I am 68 (69 next month) and got my bike last December (had one for a while before that but it got nicked). To celebrate I did a 68 mile ride this year and am aiming for a 100 miler next year. I am not say "oh aren't I good".........its just to say that cycle fitness will come with a bit of effort.
People on CC have been very helpful & encouraging to me as they will be to you.

Hyslop

Veteran
Hello and welcome:okay:.Good for you,before you know it the bike will take you over and youll be 53,then 43.....second childhood....marvellous fun.Enjoy yourself,just one thing,dont regress so far that you buy a Chopper:okay:

ozboz

Guru
Hiya , I'm 63 now , passed the marker last month, to celebrate Ibought my self a new bike , 63 years old and my very first new bike !
Best money I've spent for a long time , well happy !

Top Bottom