Help me find a replacement after my new Boardman was stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lidad66

[Admin] I've copied this here from the Stolen Bikes forum so we can all help with advice on what sort of bike to go for (thought it might get more people looking at it here):

Following the theft of me new Boardman the insurance company have said they will cought up the full ammount which is good and have appointed wheelies direct to settle my claim only problem with them is they are a bit dear and dont stock all bikes. they dont do the boardman range as its exclusive to halfords anyone give me a heads up whats good on their site they do giant and cannondale kona raleigh saracen scott claud butler ridgeback genesis and specialized
thanks for nany help i sure need it...

lidad66

Shaun

Founder
Bump :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
If the insurance company pick a shop and the same bike is more expensive,wont they still replace the bike you lost if its stocked?Its their choice and know the bike you need replacing,maybe a call to point out to them that your bike isnt stocked will sort it out?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
My Insurance Company used Halfords for replacement - I wanted the Specialized Allez Elite (pay extra for the upgrade from my prev Allez model) but Halfords don't stock it. They said they could order it in in about 3 weeks but I told my Insurance Company that it was my only means of transport for commuting and they just sent me a cheque for the amount of replacing the bike (Halfords just confirmed the price I gave them).

Maybe yours can do something similar?

Maz

Guru
Sorry to hear of the theft, lidad66.

I got jealous of Sharkybloke's Allez Elite and have also bought one. Very nice bike.

OP
OP
L

lidad66

wheelies is the appointed dealer for L&g insurance have a look at their web site
wheeliesdsdirect.co.uk

they stock the allez elite at wheelies comments appreciated guessing it is the 2008 model at 799.. is that the same sharky .. ant good i can get 22% of any upgrade if it costs more so would not cost me much extra than my 699 that im getting would pay 88 quid for it ..

thanks

yello

Not a recommendation but the misses had 2 bikes stolen (she worked in Southwark :tongue:) and they were both replaced by Wheelies Direct on insurance. Both times, she got a better spec bike than her original. The 2nd time, the replacement bike was with her within a few days of the theft.

They don't have top end stuff (so they couldn't replace a saddle she had like-for-like) but they do make up for it in other ways. No skin of their noses I guess, they just bill the insurance company.

You can tell the insurance company that you want the same bike as was stolen. It doesn't matter who they appoint, if that company can't get the item you are entitled to get it where you can.

Maz

Guru
lidad66 said:
they stock the allez elite at wheelies comments appreciated guessing it is the 2008 model at 799.. is that the same sharky ..
That's the one i've got and Sharky has too, I believe. Saw the price of the '09 Elite and it is a tad under a grand.

yenrod

lidad66 said:
[Admin] I've copied this here from the Stolen Bikes forum so we can all help with advice on what sort of bike to go for (thought it might get more people looking at it here):

Following the theft of me new Boardman the insurance company have said they will cought up the full ammount which is good and have appointed wheelies direct to settle my claim only problem with them is they are a bit dear and dont stock all bikes. they dont do the boardman range as its exclusive to halfords anyone give me a heads up whats good on their site they do giant and cannondale kona raleigh saracen scott claud butler ridgeback genesis and specialized
thanks for nany help i sure need it...

lidad66

Sorry to hear of your bike being stolen Li' !

Check them out !

OP
OP
L

lidad66

whta the opinion of the scott Speedster S40 Compact 2008
been looking at that looks nice has decent spec and is in the price range for
the replacement
The Scott Speedster S40 Compact 2008 has the following features
frames.gif
Hydroformed Alloy Tubing Road Geometry 7005 Alloy D.butted
forks-1.gif
Addict Carbon/alloy 1 1/8 " Alloy Steerer Integrated
gears.gif
18 Speed.Shimano Tiagra [F].Shimano Tiagra [R].
shifters.gif
Shimano Tiagra Dual Control
wheels.gif
Jalco Drx 6000 Aero Profile Rims. Scott Comp 32h Hub [F].Shimano 2200 32h Hub [R].
brakes.gif
Scott Pro Scbr-530 [F].Scott Pro Scbr-530 [R].
crank-set.gif
Shimano 12-25t Cassette, Truvativ Touro Road Compact 34/50t Crankset, Shimano Chain, Truvativ 07bb Bottom Bracket, Without Pedals
extras.gif
Scott Alloy 31.6mm Seatpost.Hutchinson Equinox Wire 700 X 23 C Tyres.let me know what tou's guys think of it or if anyone has one..
lidad66

jonathan ellis

I had to deal with wheelies (arghhhh) good luck with it.

Don't buy any accessories from them as they are way over priced.
I had a litespeed frame off them (eventually)

buggi

Bird Saviour
i've got a Scott CR1 and its brilliant, if that's any help? i think you should sit on it. i knew as soon as i sat on my scott that it "fitted". it just felt right. and i thought it was reasonably priced for the spec.

primalcarl

I owned a Scott CR1 after owning a Cannondale and I didn't like it. The ride wasn't so exciting and the acceleration didn't feel so snappy. I'm now back on a Cannondale (System Six). Great bikes

Top Bottom