Help me find a replacement after my new Boardman was stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
L

lidad66

price differance

dont think it would be worth their time to do so they n=msut handle thousands of claims for legal and general so big business for them
cheapest 105 full set at ribbles is 295 quid the tiagara is about 170 so 100 quid or in price for full set..not a small ammount of cash...

col said:
I know this is a very pesimistic view on it,but it did spring to mind.I wonder if they swapped the bits and made a killing off the insurance,what would the difference be?.Just a thought?

just read this, and I think its disgraceful....

You bought the bike as advertised with 105 and it turns up with tiagra?

Thats clearly not as stated.

They have'nt a leg to stand on....sale of goods act, I think it falls under, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will correct me if I am wrong;)

OP
OP
L

lidad66

typical stuff

well it is settled not quite as good as i wanted but better than nothing
they have a disclaimer on the web site (what a surprise ) so they said they would send me a rear mech 105 i said what was the point of one rear mech when i have a good tiagara one (not what i wanted but still perfectly workable for a while anyway) oh they said well what about we pay for fitting it . i said look give me a refund for the bike i full thjey said yes but u will only get the discount price the insurace company paid which was about 600 quid (bloody good discount 150 quid) i sadi oh .. then a brainwave i paid an extra 50 quid for the 09 specialized bike instead of the 08 i said what about a refund of that saving messing about they said ok to that so i got i suppose half of what the set would cost .. he said that iy might take 2 to 3 weeks to reimburse me with a full refund of 600 thats why i said yes to the 50 quid quid cant not have my bike for 2 weeks or longer go insane..... so be wary of adverts that are wrong they normally have aget out clause if i had bought it for 750 mail order i would have returned it in full though... her's to may happy mile son my tiagara spex specialized gonna upgrade it though in 6 months to a year or for next summer. with other parts....
thanks for all the reply's to my mail youz guys are the beex knees here....

lidad66

stedlocks said:
just read this, and I think its disgraceful....

You bought the bike as advertised with 105 and it turns up with tiagra?

Thats clearly not as stated.

They have'nt a leg to stand on....sale of goods act, I think it falls under, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will correct me if I am wrong;)

Top Bottom