Here she is...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psyclist

Über Member
Long and awaited, here's my new steed. Forme Longcliffe 3.0 2012 with Sora gruppo.

Rode her home on minor wet roads, but the tyres weren't very grippy. So will change the tyres to Conti GP4000S next pay.

Very happy with this bike, and thanks to C&D Cycles in Kettering for sorting the bike out for me.

:thumbsup:

p4pb9138751.jpg

p4pb9138752.jpg

p4pb9138760.jpg

p4pb9138759.jpg

p4pb9138755.jpg

WobblyBob

Very nice ride..... matching bottle too, nice touch :thumbsup:

Enjoy.

WobblyBob

Thanks Bob, the bottle cage and bottle were thrown in for free, as I'm a regular at the shop.
I like it :thumbsup: , its nice to stay loyal to a LBS......i recently got 20% of my recent bike purchase & have subsequently purchased all my accessories for the bike ie lights, bottles, wedge bag, cages, pump, inner tubes, Garmin 500 & they knocked 20% off the lot again, probably about a nice little £450 saving i guess !!.......But that'll do me for years to come now :smile:

We just need the weather to brighten up & enjoy the beasts properly now.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I like it :thumbsup: , its nice to stay loyal to a LBS......i recently got 20% of my recent bike purchase & have subsequently purchased all my accessories for the bike ie lights, bottles, wedge bag, cages, pump, inner tubes, Garmin 500 & they knocked 20% off the lot again, probably about a nice little £450 saving i guess !!.......But that'll do me for years to come now :smile:

New bike, turbo trainer, accessories - you've given the credit card a good spanking this month.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
The dust caps are a nice touch.

Cheers Ian, got them cheap off of another forums buysell.

I get about the same discount at the moment. I must've saved a good lot with my LBS too. And I can't wait to ride it. I tried earlier but nearly fell off, so I don't want to break the shifters in a fall.

wisdom

Guru
Very nice bike,i stay loyal to my lbs.Get a bit knocked off most purchases as i have bought 2 new bikes from them.Just enjoy your bike now,itll soon be summer

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Great tyre choice with GP4000s but maybe not the best on the crappy roads during winter.

IME GP4000's would cut up too much to use right now.

Gatorskins or 4 Seasons would be my choice until the roads get cleaner.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Very nice bike,i stay loyal to my lbs.Get a bit knocked off most purchases as i have bought 2 new bikes from them.Just enjoy your bike now,itll soon be summer

It's much better buying through your LBS. I buy all of my stuff from them, great customer service and no problems at all.

Great tyre choice with GP4000s but maybe not the best on the crappy roads during winter.

IME GP4000's would cut up too much to use right now.

Gatorskins or 4 Seasons would be my choice until the roads get cleaner.

The standard tyre's aren't that bad really. But I'll upgrade as soon as possible for the summer. I'll need a durable tyre with good grip and puncture protection. Thinking of Durano S, but not sure of other options. How do 4 seasons compare to Durano S?

Beautiful bike! Love the colour scheme and some really nice touches!

Thanks ET not sure what it's like in your part of the county, but the snow has melted in Kettering overnight. I'll be taking her for a test ride soon.

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
How do 4 seasons compare to Durano S?
My C'dale came with Durano S when I bought it. They're a fantastically grippy tyre, but first ride out saw the rear pick up a terminal cut :sad:

To be fair we were riding in the Lake District, so I suspect it was caused by a flint, but never the less.

I really like Schwalbe tyres, but I do find they cut up easier than other.

In fact I've got a pair of Ultremo R1's on the C'dale at the moment, (I acquired them as part of a convoluted deal with a mate), but I won't use them on the roads at the moment, and TBH I'm not sure I'm going to use them at all. I might even stick them for sale on here.

Durano + are a sturdier tyre that I've not had any major issues with, you might want to consider those.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Snow is gone!!! Have a fantastic ride! Just take care as it's supposed to be v windy today...typical isn't it???

Welcome to Britain, lol. Never is good weather in the U.K this time of year!

My C'dale came with Durano S when I bought it. They're a fantastically grippy tyre, but first ride out saw the rear pick up a terminal cut :sad:

To be fair we were riding in the Lake District, so I suspect it was caused by a flint, but never the less.

I really like Schwalbe tyres, but I do find they cut up easier than other.

In fact I've got a pair of Ultremo R1's on the C'dale at the moment, (I acquired them as part of a convoluted deal with a mate), but I won't use them on the roads at the moment, and TBH I'm not sure I'm going to use them at all. I might even stick them for sale on here.

Durano + are a sturdier tyre that I've not had any major issues with, you might want to consider those.

Thanks for the suggestion SS. My LBS are a Schwalbe dealer too, so I might be able to get a discount on those suggested tyres.
The Luganos are my first set of Schwalbe tyres ever, not too bad, for grip, but I'll definitely want something better in the long run.

Btw, are Durano + the equivalent of Conti Gatorskin Hardshells? And if yes, which do you prefer for speed, durabilty, grip etc.? (if you've tried both that is)

Top Bottom