Here she is...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BTW, are Durano + the equivalent of Conti Gatorskin Hardshells? And if yes, which do you prefer for speed, durability, grip etc?
I guess Durano+ would be Schwalbe's equivalent to Gatorskins, but IME the Gators are a harder wearing tyre.

Some say the Gators are twitchy in the wet, but I can't say that I've ever had any problems with mine. I've got normal Gators on one bike and Gator Hardshells on the other.

Conti 4 Seasons are also highly rated.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
I guess Durano+ would be Schwalbe's equivalent to Gatorskins, but IME the Gators are a harder wearing tyre.

Some say the Gators are twitchy in the wet, but I can't say that I've ever had any problems with mine. I've got normal Gators on one bike and Gator Hardshells on the other.

Conti 4 Seasons are also highly rated.

I'll settle on the Durano + for now. I'm thinking of Open Corsa CX as a summer tyre too. But it's about £100 for a pair of those :blink:

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Just completed a 15 mile ride. The bike is very versatile, Sora gruppo doesn't miss a beat either. First time I've had a carbon fork, and I'm very impressed to say the least. Couldn't feel any road buzz at the front, but I'll get a carbon seatpost as a future upgrade.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Nice looking bike !

I found them better than expected on the wet roads. In the sludgy ice, they were quite bad though.

Most tyres are rubbish on ice or in slush.
I've also found that new tyres can be a bit skittish until they've done a few (10 or so) miles.
Whether that's the casing loosening up or mould release wearing off I don't know.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Nice looking bike !
Most tyres are rubbish on ice or in slush.
I've also found that new tyres can be a bit skittish until they've done a few (10 or so) miles.
Whether that's the casing loosening up or mould release wearing off I don't know.

Cheers :thumbsup: And yeah the tyres seemed skittish once I took the bike from home, but on generally wet roads, they felt fine.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
BTW why is it a she!:ohmy: Looks like a full bodied male to me;)

Well without sounding homophobic, I'd rather think I was riding a female, than a male, lol.

Top Bottom