Here she is...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Nah, just do a tailwind only ride ;)

I actually did that yesterday. 12 miles. I rode about half the distance in a headwind, then tailwind on the way back lol. The bike just glided me home :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Bit of a crapper of a situation today, I was riding when the gears kept slipping, stopped and looked at the drivetrain and found a plastic bag stuck in my cassette. Bloody wind must've blew it into there.

Took me half an hour to get it all out, some of the plastic bag went in my jockey wheel too.

p4pb9159222.jpg

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Bit of a crapper of a situation today, I was riding when the gears kept slipping, stopped and looked at the drivetrain and found a plastic bag stuck in my cassette. Bloody wind must've blew it into there.

Took me half an hour to get it all out, some of the plastic bag went in my jockey wheel too.

Blimey, what's the chances of that happening! Just half way through the frustrating job of fitting mudguards to mine. Hate it. The stays are always too long and they are a bummer to cut.

If you are going to put them on yours I've found as someone on here suggested that you just need to pop the brakes off so that you can fit the mudguard bracket behind them. Have got the fronts on and half way through the rear but stopped for lunch and doggy walking later. Hopefully finish them when I get back.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Blimey, what's the chances of that happening! Just half way through the frustrating job of fitting mudguards to mine. Hate it. The stays are always too long and they are a bummer to cut.

If you are going to put them on yours I've found as someone on here suggested that you just need to pop the brakes off so that you can fit the mudguard bracket behind them. Have got the fronts on and half way through the rear but stopped for lunch and doggy walking later. Hopefully finish them when I get back.

Yup, pretty much bad, but luckily no damage :smile:

Thanks for the tips Mo. I'm actually going to be building another bike as a winter trainer for fall 2013. So will use mudguards on that.
I just ordered a MicroSHIFT White groupset for the Forme, so will use the Sora on my winter project.

microshift_white_road_bike_shifter_sb-r102r_2x10sp_red.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQol6BYa8HYJSx4rfwpJKJtj0nKUJ7N8yLF3xKa3zDE1yNQdAeyHQ.jpg

microshift-white-schaltwerk.jpg

e-rider

crappy member
that frame looks dangerously close to the corner of the wall! One slight movement and your need steed would have a 12" long scratch along the top tube! Nice bike though. Looks like the saddle needs sliding back a touch. Two bottle cages needed too. Good work.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
that frame looks dangerously close to the corner of the wall! One slight movement and your need steed would have a 12" long scratch along the top tube! Nice bike though. Looks like the saddle needs sliding back a touch. Two bottle cages needed too. Good work.

Thanks, and I have some plans for it. Saddle adjustment has been made too. It's a very nice ride.

e-rider

crappy member
Thanks Stan. I found them better than expected on the wet roads. In the sludgy ice, they were quite bad though.
Luganos are fine tyres for general use - unless you want something faster/lighter for summer use/and or a try at racing, there is no need to replace them. Popular faster summer tyres include, Continental GP4000s, Michelin Pro4 or Schwalbe Ultremo

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
Luganos are fine tyres for general use - unless you want something faster/lighter for summer use/and or a try at racing, there is no need to replace them. Popular faster summer tyres include, Continental GP4000s, Michelin Pro4 or Schwalbe Ultremo

Thanks, yup, I've ordered an N+1 build for summer, so this bike will stay as a trainer. I'll put GP4000S on my new bike though.

e-rider

crappy member
Thanks, yup, I've ordered an N+1 build for summer, so this bike will stay as a trainer. I'll put GP4000S on my new bike though.

yes, I like the Conti GP4000S - if it was completely 'slick' I'd love it - I find those side groves (the tread) ugly and pointless, but it's still a great tyre. Michelin Pro4s are good too but the sidewalls are not that strong IMO - they roll very nicely though.

OP
OP
Psyclist

Psyclist

Über Member
yes, I like the Conti GP4000S - if it was completely 'slick' I'd love it - I find those side groves (the tread) ugly and pointless, but it's still a great tyre. Michelin Pro4s are good too but the sidewalls are not that strong IMO - they roll very nicely though.

I'm more recreational at the moment so I don't mind the sacrifice in speed. I like Pro4's too, but as you said they're not that strong.
My N+1 is a carbon bike, so will be a good build hopefully.

Top Bottom