Herne Hill Velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
redjedi said:
Looking forward to this. I've not been riding all week so I should be nice and fresh.

What are people doing about pedals? I can't decide between taking normal trainers and using their pedals and strap (which I don't like) or taking my Looks off my road bike.
I'll be on my new bike which has got SPDs fitted so I could use them

Too many choices :thumbsup:

I can see me filling up my panniers with shoes and pedals and not having room for anything else :biggrin:

You have panniers??? Surely not on the Bianchi??? Surely thats a cardinal sin?????

You riding in? Ive got a feeling I might get lost... :wacko:

Am semi tempted in swopping my pedals over to the old straps ones, or taking a bag with trainers in...... I think am going to do the former...

Oh oh, new bike, whats that all about?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
PS, am currently down with a cold, but am turning up anyhow.

redjedi

Über Member
Davywalnuts said:
You have panniers??? Surely not on the Bianchi??? Surely thats a cardinal sin?????

You riding in? Ive got a feeling I might get lost... :biggrin:

Am semi tempted in swopping my pedals over to the old straps ones, or taking a bag with trainers in...... I think am going to do the former...

Oh oh, new bike, whats that all about?

No not on my Bianchi, that would be so wrong :thumbsup:

Got myself a single speed Ridgeback, which will become a fixed soon, with panniers for my commute and going to the shops.

Davywalnuts said:
PS, am currently down with a cold, but am turning up anyhow.

I've had a mild flu for a few days, so took today off to get rid of it, which is why I haven't been riding.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
redjedi said:
No not on my Bianchi, that would be so wrong :biggrin:

Got myself a single speed Ridgeback, which will become a fixed soon, with panniers for my commute and going to the shops.

I've had a mild flu for a few days, so took today off to get rid of it, which is why I haven't been riding.

Oh wow, how cool! Sounds like idea, i really hate leaving the Zebra outside tescos...

Ah, good idea... want to do that but too busy, oh well!

You cycling to HH yeh?

redjedi

Über Member
Davywalnuts said:
Oh wow, how cool! Sounds like idea, i really hate leaving the Zebra outside tescos...

Ah, good idea... want to do that but too busy, oh well!

You cycling to HH yeh?

I should really, but I'll have to work out the way first.
Should be able to get to Clapham Junction ok, then need to work out the route from there.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
redjedi said:
I should really, but I'll have to work out the way first.
Should be able to get to Clapham Junction ok, then need to work out the route from there.

Cool, think were be ok then with two brains. Down to Kew Bridge, Richmond to putney to Clapham to Brixton to somewhere down to HH.. :smile:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
redjedi said:
I think this is the easiest route

I'll bring an A-Z as well :bravo:

We need to be there for 12.15, I'd like to leave at about 11. Can you make it to mine for that time?

same as is in my head, except was looking at the next road, railton road, in brixton, but were see how it goes.. cool, ill have the gps.

Ahhh, well... ill be there just before 11, promise! :girl:

Darn weather!!! :biggrin:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Hi all, Son number 1 not coming as he has exams and will be revising, but might bring another geriatric along with me instead!

if the weather is bad then they won't let us go on the track, so hope it's not raining!!! Unless we all turn up on mountain bikes instead, then we can go around the MTB track insted!!!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Fellas, rare chance to get online! On a weird little iPhone.
Is it happening sun? Won't be cycling bit will try and co
e and heckle and take photos of general humiliation. Could someone text me to let me know if it's def on.

Bit rushed but not online for long.
Hope to see you there

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
I do not have Grace's number can one of you text her please.

DJ a rest from revision and a bit of exercise would be good for your son :smile: Bring him along.

Oh and the sun will be shining, no rain at all. Simon's cat told me.

redjedi

Über Member
Can we get them to put down some padding in case I fall off :smile:

Conflicting reports on the weather front. Metcheck = Good, Met Office = Bad

Top Bottom