Herne Hill Velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
Do come along TT.

Bike hire is included, so if you feel like it you can still join in.
We need to get you back on the bike, this gives you a little target to aim for.

I'm sure even in your un-fit state you can still beat some of us ;)

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
davy, no cakes I'm afraid- the cake tins and ingredients are boxed up and in different places!

I've no idea yet where I'll be that weekend or what I'm up to but if I'm around I'll definitely pop by and say hello.

I agree Luke, I need to get back on the bike but that will happen soon, I reckon I'd be toast on the track!

Hope to see you all there!

Brahan

Über Member
Book me in baby! I'm confirmed. Will be riding up from Grinstead first so should be suitably warmed up on arrival.

Looking forward to this.

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Hi all only a week to go now. DJ went down to Herne Hill yesterday and here is the mail he sent me which may be of interest to you all.

"Hi Steve, sorry I am slow in getting back to you! I made it down to the track this morning and spoke to a nice chap called David Casey, He said that all the bikes have pedals with toe clips and straps fitted so for people using these it is necessary for them to wear ordinary trainers. He also said that for those cyclists who would rather bring there own clipless pedals and shoes they will allow this as long as you bring a pedal spanner in order to change the pedals over and then when using clipless they must be done up very tight as it is dangerous if people feet come out of the pedals on the steep banking of the track. He also said that he doesn't like to see people walking around in there clipless shoes as this wears them out and makes them dangerous, so some alternative footwear might be required.
If it s the saturday gathering you are thinking of then you have to arrive at 11 am for registration etc and obviously if the track is wet then there it is not used at all.
I hope this is of help to you,

Cheers David"

As you all know we are going on a Sunday for a private session Ooh eer! ;)
We need to get to the track for 12:15 See you all next week if I do not bump in to some of you in the week while out riding.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Means steve bumped into me the other day :biggrin:, i may be there but not racing (doctors orders)

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I will come along, probably with my eldest son who is 16.

It will be a laugh having my first go on a fixed on a sloping bending strip of concrete!!!!;):biggrin:

If we meet at 12.15 then is the racing from 1 to 2?

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
DJ said:
I will come along, probably with my eldest son who is 16.

It will be a laugh having my first go on a fixed on a sloping bending strip of concrete!!!!:smile::smile:

If we meet at 12.15 then is the racing from 1 to 2?

Yes 1 to 2

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Ok here is the latest list. We can take 5 more so come on Topcat and Aperitif get you names down now.

SteveVW
CayoPro
Simon
BigSteev
Redjedi
Davywalnuts
DJ
DJ jnr.
braham
Alan
ttcycle?
Possibly 2 more from my local club?

redjedi

Über Member
Looking forward to this. I've not been riding all week so I should be nice and fresh.

What are people doing about pedals? I can't decide between taking normal trainers and using their pedals and strap (which I don't like) or taking my Looks off my road bike.
I'll be on my new bike which has got SPDs fitted so I could use them

Too many choices :ohmy:

I can see me filling up my panniers with shoes and pedals and not having room for anything else :ohmy:

Top Bottom