Hi Focus kayo or Giant defy advanced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I been looking at the focus cayo 7.0 or the Giant defy advanced 1 or 2 . like the look of both bikes don't know much about the focus brand just started cycling again after 30 years so any help or opions would be helpful.

screenman

Legendary Member
I like my Focus and I like my Giant, so not much help from me, sorry.

Focus are, if I remember correctly, a German company who first appeared over here a few years ago and were initially sold only by Wiggle - when they arrived a lot of people were a bit dubious, wondering how they managed to sell bikes at such a low price/spec ratio. Since then they have gone from strength to strength.

I find Giant quite dull. Although my daughter used to ride a Giant track bike and it was excellent.

If it was me, I'd go for the Focus. It rhymes with hocus pocus.

mustang1

Guru
I been looking at the focus cayo 7.0 or the Giant defy advanced 1 or 2 . like the look of both bikes don't know much about the focus brand just started cycling again after 30 years so any help or opions would be helpful.

What do you know about the Giant brand?

Ps I have a Focus. They are German. Idk where the frames are made but I guess not too far from where Giant frames are made.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I've got a 2015 Focus Cayo 2 Di2 and love it to bits. It's a far better bike than I will ever be a rider!
Mate of mine bought a 2015 Giant Defy Advanced 1 and had all sorts of brake problems with it. Giant gave him his money back in the end.
He had a test ride on a Focus Cayo 4 and was so impressed, he immediately bought one.

Top Bottom