Hi from Nr. Middlesbrough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mfc1876

Already posted this but think I put it in the wrong place? Apologies if I've used bad forum etiquette...

Hi, just signed up, haven't had a proper look round the site yet but I will get to it. Thought I'd introduce myself first. I'm 35 and from the North East of England. I bought myself a cheap mountain bike in the summer of last year (£100 from Halfords) with the intention of going out every other day and gaining a bit of fitness after a back injury, anyway, I went out on it about twice and the bike sat in the shed the rest of the time.

I got the bike out again last month with a little more determination this time to keep riding and I have to say I think I've been bitten by the bug. I love it now, I'm pretty much out riding every day (as much as family life allows anyway with a wife and 2 kids), I'm not going very far as yet, I've only been doing about 5 miles or so at a time, as I say, back injury, so just taking it easy. I did progress up to a 11 mile ride just last night though and thoroughly enjoyed it so there's hope for me yet. Hoping to eventually go out for longer rides as time progresses.

Anyway, enough about me for now, looking forward to 'meeting' new people here and getting to know more about bikes and cycling in general.

Thanks!

(Moderators may edit/delete whichever post is wrong lol)

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
evening and welcome aboard :bicycle:

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi and welcome thats looking like a very positive start you have made there ! What you need to do now is get the wife and kids on bikes and than it's win win all the way lol keep up the good work you have started taking it nice and easy for a start,and the only bad thing about this cycling lark is the money you spend for all those things you seem to need ( more like want !!!!)

OP
OP
mfc1876

mfc1876

Cheers folks, family rides will be a little way off just yet Ernie as my daughter is only 2 and my son is 7 but is a late starter when it comes to bikes as he's only just learned to ride one! I take full responsibility for that though as the last few summers we've had have seemed to be pretty poor weather wise. When the sun did come out to play we tended to have a family day out as I was working 6 days a week then and so family time was precious, anyway, I've had more time recently to get the little fella to a local park and get some practice in. I'm proud to say he learnt to ride on two wheels within the hour but a bit more practice is still needed yet, he'll get there soon enough!

I'll eventually get my Mrs interested in riding through her interest in photography I reckon. Seen some beautiful sights already, I've tended to ride on an evening so far once the kiddos are in bed and seen some lovely sunsets that were just begging to be photographed! :thumbsup:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
:welcome:mfc1876.

Sound like you're doing alright for starters.

You're right about photography and cycling mixing well. You tend to see things from the bike that you would miss travelling in a car.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
mfc1876

mfc1876

Thanks Paul and Pat. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Tight Git

Veteran
Greetings from a season ticket holder at the riverside. Currently live near Thirsk so not far away. Just back in from a nice 50 mile ride that included Carlton bank in the middle - time for a shower :-)

Top Bottom