Hobby suggestion thread!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
🚴🏾‍♀️🚴🚴🏿‍♂️🚵‍♀️🚵🚵‍♂️🚲

Homebrewing

I've sustained started my first for a while, 2 gallons each of a Carrot, a Banana and a mixed Dark Fruits.

Getting plagued by fruit flies though which hasn't happened before, I suspect the warm weather is playing a part as each airlock has at least one dead one I'm each mor ing so need changing daily.

dicko

Guru
In the winter I make model aircraft or something that catches my eye.

Attachments

• IMG_3079.jpeg
    IMG_3079.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3058.jpeg
    IMG_3058.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 3342-27.jpeg
    3342-27.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 4
I like a portable craft to do when I'm on public transport. I enjoy spindle spinning (but it gets me funny looks!) and am considering getting a hana-ami flower loom and/or some miniature looms to weave tiny squares.
Another thing I've really enjoyed in the past is making fairy and gnome houses out of junk and papiermache, but I've paused that as I'm researching making the same things, out of papercrete, or similar, so they'll be more suitable for outdoor use.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My children used to love spotting Eddie Stobart trucks, kept them busy for hours
It's when you start spotting entire fleets of things, hundreds, thousands of them that it takes ages. Even more so in the days before these apps and so on, so you'd often be doing it 'blind'.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Now I've actually retired, my proposed 'hobbies / interests' list includes;
Watercolour painting, drawing, railway history, whittling, playing music, relearning French.
All these will be a fairly steep learning / relearning curve, but what's the hurry - ? :rolleyes:
Enjoying the journey is the main attraction - ! :okay:

Re-learning a language is a really good suggestion. I spent years at school learning French but it seems to have rusted away. It can't be too hard to relearn it.

Top Bottom