Holme Moss at night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Where are people meeting? I notice you are in Sheffield, I and some others are on the other side of the peaks! :angry:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yes, it's not a problem. If longers decides to meet somewhere over yonder I'll cycle over. There have been a number of CC rides with people coming from both sides of the Pennines.

trio25

Über Member
Me Me Me
If I can I'll be there, definetly can't do the date in August as I'll be at a race that weekend.
I have a good light, runs for 8hrs on low which is plenty on the roads, although I use high going downhill. Also have a spare that has three hours if anyone wanted to borrow one for the unlit sections (ok its ali's but she never uses it but maybe I should ask if she wants to come first and then offer them - she won't!)

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Ok, the weekend after the 10th July is the CC meet at the Derby Cycling show which rules that out I think.

Which leaves the 3rd July or the seventh August as dates nearest full moons.

How does 3rd July sound then? I will get round the route beforehand.

Sort out meeting place/s at a later date.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
I'm going to go round the route this weekend, probably sunday am if anyone wants to come along.

I'll also find out some info on the trains as the start is very close to Greenfield station and post it up closer to the date.
We'll almost definitely miss the last train though.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
longers said:
I'm going to go round the route this weekend, probably sunday am if anyone wants to come along.

I'll also find out some info on the trains as the start is very close to Greenfield station and post it up closer to the date.
We'll almost definitely miss the last train though.

What sort of time in the evening Longers?

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Crikey, I'm under pressure now :tongue:

If I left my house at 8.30-ish, I'd be at Greenfield for nine-ish, Holmfirth for 10-ish.
Meet at Holmfirth, same place as last time, up the road past/by the cattle market?
By riding back over to Holmfirth you'd complete the loop and do the whole route.

Metcheck looks ok so far and 23mm tyres are perfect.

Top Bottom