Holme Moss at night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yes, I'm more than happy with that.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Ok, after an excellent ride round the route today, I'm happy with the roads. I'll describe the bits to watch out for in advance on the night but there's not too many.

Let's do it :biggrin:

Ninethirty pm start from the Royal George at Greenfield, Friday 3rd July.

There's a layby right next door for them that need to park cars and it's just down the road from Greenfield Train Station on the Manchester Victoria/Huddersfield line.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Count me in.

Assuming my bike has been fixed......

I'll probably meet up with you at the cattle market in Holmfirth, if thats OK... I want to minimse the number of trips I have to make to "the dark side" of the hill, Lancashire is a bad enough place in the daylight, let alone after nightfall :smile:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Oh, go on then......

I've borrowed some lights, the bikes been repaired(ish), and I've just about recovered from the WRC on Sunday.

Any idea what time you will hit the Cattle market in Holmfirth? I'll meet you there :biggrin:

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
How about half ten from the junction at the end of the A635?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I won't be there....booo...........the kids (well mainly my 6 year old daughter) is being a mare at bed time at the moment (my son always was a pain) but we now have two that mess about... the missus would kill me...... think it's the heat and 'light' evenings......

Weather looks very balmy though..........have a great ride you lot.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It's forecast to rain here for the next 6 hours. I should be dry in the evening but with no direct sunlight on the roads I think they'll still be saturated and not much chance of drying out.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I think I'm going to have to give it a miss too ;)

Woken up this morning and I feel like I got massively "Elephants Trunk" last night.

Headache, shivers and an aversion to movement....sitting at work now, wishing I was at home in bed.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Not stopped raining here, I think giving it a miss might be sensible and more enjoyable ;)

Top Bottom