Holme Moss Loop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's been rare in the last 18 months that I've ever been near the Snake or Woodhead and it has been bloody windy.....

I've only done Holme Moss in reasonable conditions.... so it's a bigger gear folks......

colly

Re member eR
trio25 said:
I'm free for once, its the day after a cross race though, so as long as you don't mind the fact I am slow I'll be there.

Phew!

At least I can pretend I am keeping you company.

Chris James

Über Member
I'll check the diary and see if I am free (or can get away from the umpteen kid's parties we have been invited to). Worst case I can probably just head over to Holmfirth and go up Holme Moss with you lot. From my house, up Holme Moss and back again is about two hours.

colly

Re member eR
marinyork said:
Just been looking, can get to the starting point in about 35 miles. So should be good.

Do you mean you will be riding 35 miles before AND after that circuit? Bl**dy hell. Should be good indeed.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
colly said:
Do you mean you will be riding 35 miles before AND after that circuit? Bl**dy hell. Should be good indeed.

It is certainly a possibility. It would make an insanely difficult day.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Which way round are we going - up over Saddleworth, then up from Holmfirth ????..... great, prevailing winds means it will be a hard slog.... can someone please rub out the mile indicators every quarter mile..... ;):biggrin:

Calum

This sounds good! Where are you guys starting from? I don't fancy riding from Leeds, doing the loop and riding all the way back again! I'll get the train part of the way.

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Calum said:
Where are you guys starting from?

The start I was thinking of is Greenfield, it's on a train line (not sure which one though).

Or we could start at Holmfirth if that makes it easier for people. Us from this side could meet there very easily.

I'm happy to go with what suits most people.

colly

Re member eR
Calum said:
This sounds good! Where are you guys starting from? I don't fancy riding from Leeds, doing the loop and riding all the way back again! I'll get the train part of the way.

I will be going over from Leeds if you fancy a lift.

Same as you, I don't fancy riding both ways AND doing that loop.

Top Bottom