Horrific head-on crash with cyclist and car caught on camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domestique

Über Member
Shocking driving. Deserves prison.
Also is that only me but signalling just seems to have been forgotten these days.

GrasB

Veteran
Shocking driving. Deserves prison.
Also is that only me but signalling just seems to have been forgotten these days.
The driver did actually signal! The problem is for most people a signal doesn't mean "I intend to" it means "I doing this NOW". Oh and those Golfs have one of the worst indicators I've ever seen.

AndyWilliams

Über Member
Just up the road from me in Langley/Iver. That T junction is a nightmare the best of times but this IMO was a case of the car driver not paying attention at all.
This area is well known for criminals and false plates used for fill and runs, I have been chased down there a number of times by the caravan site people. Glad the guy is ok.

Incident_zpsc210bd00.jpg
Incident2_zpsc98ddc3a.jpg
Incident3_zps25a71a72.jpg

[QUOTE 3170651, member: 45"]On a Sunday morning stroll some time ago I noticed that the rear number plates had been removed from the cars on the drive of about ten houses in a row. You don't even need to clone plates these days.[/QUOTE]
I must make a set of plates a month for people who have had them nicked.......

GrasB

Veteran
I must make a set of plates a month for people who have had them nicked.......
This is one reason my cars have Vinyl plates, they're kind of hard to steel. The other reason is on the lotus I got fed up with replacing the front plate, on the rally car it's less of a problem but it still needed regular plate replacements due to shattered/damaged plates.

The driver was trying to beat the cyclist, he had seen him, the reason I say this is the angle of the car will bring it quite close to where the kerb drops, not something you would do normally unless in a rush of some kind, I also think that he saw a cyclist and expected the rider to be slow, there is also plenty of clear space between the cyclist and the white car in front of the cyclist, it would take a complete numbty not to see the cyclist.

I wouldn't call fractures to cervical disc's minor, could be the carbon forks that shattered helped reduce injury in the incident.

I wish the rider well.
To the Police you must do something about this and incidents like it.

BSRU

A Human Being

benb

Evidence based cyclist
The offences the arrest relates to are suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving, driving while disqualified, being the driver of a vehicle which failed to stop after a road accident, being the driver of a vehicle involved in a road accident who failed to report that accident, using a motor vehicle on a road/public place without third party insurance and fraud by false representation

What a pillar of the community. (obviously yet to be proven)

If he's already disqualified from driving and is prepared to drive with false plates and no insurance, what's to stop him doing it again while he's on bail?

Nothing, and you'll be pleased to know if could be grounds for a remand rather than bail - especially as disqy driving often does attract a custodial. That all requires it to be proven first of course - fingers crossed...

Get ready to be happy:

http://road.cc/content/news/125828-police-arrest-driver-after-buckinghamshire-hit-and-run

According to police, a man from Slough, Berkshire was arrested last Thursday 31 July on suspicion of having committed six separate offences, and has been bailed until 29 September while investigations continue.

The offences the arrest relates to are suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving, driving while disqualified, being the driver of a vehicle which failed to stop after a road accident, being the driver of a vehicle involved in a road accident who failed to report that accident, using a motor vehicle on a road/public place without third party insurance and fraud by false representation.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Get ready to be happy:

http://road.cc/content/news/125828-police-arrest-driver-after-buckinghamshire-hit-and-run

According to police, a man from Slough, Berkshire was arrested last Thursday 31 July on suspicion of having committed six separate offences, and has been bailed until 29 September while investigations continue.

The offences the arrest relates to are suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving, driving while disqualified, being the driver of a vehicle which failed to stop after a road accident, being the driver of a vehicle involved in a road accident who failed to report that accident, using a motor vehicle on a road/public place without third party insurance and fraud by false representation.

One TMN to @BSRU .

GC

Top Bottom