how do you feel if you skip a days commute?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

united4ever

Über Member
Was working from home today and felt really irritable and fed up generally. Do you think you get kind of addicted to the commute and miss the good feelings that come with exercise? Wouldn't like to think that I will feel a bit crap every time I don't ride the bike to work....maybe just a coincidence.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Depends on the weather.... Sometimes quite happy when it's lousy weather!

Edit: thinking about it a bit more: since it normally goes with a day off usually so I enjoy my free time! I can't remember the last time I didn't cycle at least part of the commute, I think it was in the snow 4 years ago, before I had studded tyres, and I walked to a meeting a couple of miles away.

Last edited:

rdfcyclist

Penny less, grumpy and generally disappointed in myself for wimping out.

Lonestar

Veteran
Today was actually a nightmare and I fell off right in front of a big audiance.I might as well have done it in front of the London Palladium.The ride back wasn't too clever either (were all the crack heads out tonight?) but I haven't missed a cycle commute since Feb 2003.

subaqua

What’s the point
Dirty . Because I have to be close to smelly feckers on the tube. Apart from that the odd day of working from home doesn't bother me if I don't ride a decent distance.

Top Bottom