How do you get air out of a gummed up slime tube?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Take core out and clean, pipe cleaner down hole that core came out of and clean, reassemble and you are good to go. Riding around these parts is great if you do not use slime as you end up an expert puncture repairer. It also explains why I have given away about 20 tubes now to passers by on the Bardney summer route.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Take core out and clean, pipe cleaner down hole that core came out of and clean, reassemble and you are good to go. Riding around these parts is great if you do not use slime as you end up an expert puncture repairer. It also explains why I have given away about 20 tubes now to passers by on the Bardney summer route.
It's a Schroeder. They don't have a core do they?

screenman

Legendary Member
If you are scrapping the tube, why do you have to let it down?

(And anyway, if it is scrap, just cut it inside a polythene bag?)

It does hold air, so maybe not scrap yet. I think there might be a problem getting an inflated tube out of the tyre and into a bag, part from that I like your idea.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was going to suggest puncturing it with a pin, but there might be a subtle problem with that suggestion ... :whistle:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I was going to suggest puncturing it with a pin, but there might be a subtle problem with that suggestion ... :whistle:

Speaking of your puncture expertise, didn't you have a little local difficulty when you had one on the York ride?

Or am I making that up?

ColinJ

Speaking of your puncture expertise, didn't you have a little local difficulty when you had one on the York ride?

Or am I making that up?
I tell you what, that is an example of the worrying memory problems that I have these days ... I remember having a puncture but that's about it! I am now going to have to go back and read the ride report to remind myself what happened. :whistle:

ColinJ

Ah, yes ... the famous tube split under patch incident!

puncture-under-patch-jpg.133092.jpg

:laugh:

Attachments

• puncture-under-patch-jpg.133092.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 24

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Ah, yes ... the famous tube split under patch incident!

:laugh:

Aye, that was it.

I was sure the repair wasn't straightforward, but genuinely couldn't remember why.

Mind, the pair of us were a bit cream crackered at the time, having ridden 80+ miles through a couple of monsoons.

Attachments

• puncture-under-patch-jpg.133092.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 28
Top Bottom