how do you spell ...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

how do you spell Eileen ? is that right ? swmbo has managed 5 different spellings so far and we are not even certain the person is called Eileen ;)

ACS

Legendary Member
Aileen

gbb

Legendary Member
My sis is Eileen.
Eileen...'i'leen
Aileen...'ay'leen.

Now i think about it....its not a common name anymore. I dont know another Eileen ;)

Reminded me of the following..
what do you call an Irish woman with only one leg ? Eileen
what do you call an Irish woman with no legs ? Noleen.

Eileen and Aileen come from the same Irish root name of Eibhlín which can be pronounced either like Ev-leen or Ei-leen . and is a name brought to Ireland by the Normans and originally an old Germanic name. Translated from the Irish it becomes Eileen, Aileen, Helen, Eveleen, Ellen, Nell, Nellie Ella..

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'd spell it Eileen, unless told otherwise.

If you want to see variable spellings and pronounciation of your name, try being Susannah. Random 'z's all over the place...

Arch said:
I'd spell it Eileen, unless told otherwise.

If you want to see variable spellings and pronounciation of your name, try being Susannah. Random 'z's all over the place...

With your ukelele Arch you have plenty of experience..."Eileen in on the lampost at the corner of the street..."

I agree. Eileen. :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Aperitif said:
With your ukelele Arch you have plenty of experience..."Eileen in on the lampost at the corner of the street..."

I agree. Eileen. :biggrin:

:biggrin:As a matter of fact, I can play that... Although I believe George Formby actually played the banjolele, not the uke...

Top Bottom