How do you track stand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
First, find a table/desk at school! :wacko:

This'll explain it to you:

http://www.teamestrogen.com/content.ep?file=asa_trackstand

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Easier on a track bike. Basicly, you got to get your pedals at 9 and 3, turn the wheel to one side(if your right foot is forward, turn the wheel to the right so your feet dont get in way)
Then on a freewheel bike you hold the brakes, and have to let it go forward and back, on a fixed you put pressure on front and back of pedals and hold it like that. Got more controlle over it then on freewheel.
Oh, and dont go from trackstanding a fixed to a freewheel bike, you will end up doing your head it.

Joe24

Noodley said:
WHY would you want to do a track stand is probably more pertinent a question...:wacko:

Because its cool, and when you do it at lights, especially sitting down with your drink in one hand it looks amazing. Even better no handed, but cant find a section of road thats flat where i can do that, got to have you feet in the exact right place aswell.
Go practice Young Un, you go off faster from the line aswell, no need to clip in.:smile:

Joe24 said:
Ofcourse i dont do it for these reasons;)

What reasons do you show off for, then? :wacko:

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

i need to let me previous clipless moments ijnjury's recover first - and then i might try on my dads mountain bike if i ever ride it - or just go onto the grass on my road bike and put trainers on

Joe24

Young Un said:
i need to let me previous clipless moments ijnjury's recover first - and then i might try on my dads mountain bike if i ever ride it - or just go onto the grass on my road bike and put trainers on

Put trainers on, dont do it on grass because its harder. You need some room ona flat patio or just go down some road somewhere. I learnt outside on the uneven patio, easy on the fixed.
Kept trying on campsites on the Giant, and cant hold it as long.
Only go clipless when you can trackstand most times without falling over, then just go for it, feels good when you can do a long ride without putting your feet down at all:becool:

Joe24 said:
Easier on a track bike. Basicly, you got to get your pedals at 9 and 3, turn the wheel to one side(if your right foot is forward, turn the wheel to the right so your feet dont get in way)
Then on a freewheel bike you hold the brakes, and have to let it go forward and back, on a fixed you put pressure on front and back of pedals and hold it like that. Got more controlle over it then on freewheel.
Oh, and dont go from trackstanding a fixed to a freewheel bike, you will end up doing your head it.

The way I was told and found quite good was. Find a wall and put the F wheel up to it then put your (chocolate foot) as called forward and then get on the bike and try and keep the F wheel up to the wall! When you can do that try backing off on your CF but still keeping your F wheel up to the wall.

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

hmmm - cant see my mom liking tht - practising on the tarmac tht is- but i suspose if i were to loose my balance wearing trainers id have time to put me fot down - wouldn't i??

Top Bottom