How old is your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just stole the idea from another forum, but as they came up with some really interesting oldies, I thought it might be worth giving it a go here...

Both of my current ones are pretty new, the mountain bike about toddler age at 2 1/2, the road bike a mere baby at only a few months...Unfortunatley I don't have any of my previous bikes anymore, although one lives on in the family and is ridden by my aunt - that one must just about be old enough to vote now!

What about everyone else?

longers

Legendary Member
MTB. 6 year old or more, not been ridden in 3 :biggrin:

Sirrus. 3 year old, 10,000 miles. Would like to change to drops.

Quickest bike. Five year old, maybe 4,000 miles. Would like to keep.

Fixed. Nearly 3 months, 1,000 miles. Very comfy.

Skip bike. In bits, early seventies, probably a hunk of junk but I like the detailing :tongue:

Pub bike. Mid Eighties - Gone to new home :biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
My city bike is 4 years old. I worked out at some point how many miles it's done, well it's had quite a bit of use.

Fastest bike is only a few days old.

Abitrary

marinyork said:
My city bike is 4 years old. I worked out at some point how many miles it's done, well it's had quite a bit of use.

Fastest bike is only a few days old.

How can you compare a few days of data with 4 years of evidence? You'll need to start again and maybe throw a placebo bike in.

Abitrary

marinyork said:
The faster bike may be a placebo bike, it feels faster :biggrin:. I certainly need that effect.

empirical evidence is always 'fast'... and a bit too easy if you ask me.

Keith Oates

Janner
I have eight bikes in various parts of the world ranging from the newest which is approx. one month old to the the oldest which about 12 years old.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I've got a few bikes so the they range in age, but they go from a mid 80's Raleigh up to 07 Dialled Bikes, with a 99 Kona and 05 Giant, 06 Voodoo in between

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Raleigh MTB (90 quid special from Halfords) - about 4 years old... currently getting poo'd on by pidgeons out the back :biggrin: Was stripped and rebuilt byu me a few months back but the cup & cone BB is sh*gged!

Spesh Globe - 8.5 Months

Own-Build Road bike - newborn (a matter of weeks)!

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
My only bike is 32 years old
2685689151_b84727a9a0.jpg

I know its a bit heavy going up the hills, but thanks to this bike my weight has dropped from 14st last year to about 11.75st (BMI 23.2) now :biggrin:.

Top Bottom