How old is your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rafiki

Retired Brit living in Spain
Dawes Mean Street 15 years old and still going strong
Thorn Sterling in gestation at minus 3 weeks. CAN'T WAIT!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Now.

3 years old and 10 years old. I used to have a Rotrax which dated from the 50's I think but it died.

Plax

Guru
Well I only started cycling about um, 18 months ago I think.
Got my 2007 GT Nomad Sport in Oct 2007, so it's 18 months old!
My 2007 Dawes Ultra Galaxy in May 2008, so that is coming up to a year old.

Cranky

MTB hardtail - 7 years

MTB rigid (pub/commuter) - 5 years with me, guessing 15 years total

Brompton - 8 years

Tandem - 1 month with me, guessing 5 years total

Tourer/all purpose - 2 months

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I'm not sure about most of mine.

I know my road bike is from 2005. My TT bike I think is around 2002, but not sure. MTB about 1999/2000, the commuter is made from parts- I haven't a clue when the frame was made, similarly the 'crosser.

asterix

Comrade Member
22 years old - tourer (ebay £50, dated from the date coded components and a sales brochure, being completely rebuilt to nearly new condition as I liked the ride)
10 years old - tourer
6 years old - audax
2 months old - audax/sportif

No idea which is fastest as have stopped using cycle computers but I suspect the 6 year old audax bike is quicker up hill and the 2 months one quicker down the hills (not due to relative weights, they're about the same).

So compared to Hilldodger's all pretty much brand new.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i've got one from 2000, one from 2004 (and with everything upgraded since in '06). the 'old' bike is a 1980's steel frame, which has all the finishing kit from the bike bought in '04, so not sure if that counts as old or not.

My Sirrus is 3.5 years old (I converted it to drops last Oct and it feels like a new bike)
The commuter is (ridgeback velocity) 2 years old
And the Bianchi is also 2 years old.
And there's an old mtb in my parents shed I used that before I bought the Sirrus, its about 19 years old.
I'm tempted to buy something new on the cyclescheme in the meantime whilst I make up my mind hopefully the new tyres I ordered for the Bianchi make it feel new.

carlton - bought by dad in 1968 re-built by me (after 20+ years in a shed) in 2007

on-one inbred - 2006 i think but some parts on her are from 2004

Top Bottom