How to Grow Women's Pro-Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'm actually not that bothered about Valverde - not as bothered as some people round here, no need to mention names - but I'm more keen to make an effort to follow women's cycling and talk about it. I do think we need to do our bit to help promote it, insignificant though we may be in the scheme of things.

Likewise the discussion that goes on round here of African cycling. I'm sure it all helps in some small way.

Lizzie went too soon but Prevot timed it perfectly.

U

User169

Arguably the biggest women's race of the year on at the moment and not a single comment so far?

Great win for Pooley yesterday. She broke the Rabobank-Liv stranglehold by really taking it to them.

Vos still in control, but good to see her under some pressure when the road seriously goes up.

MisterStan

Label Required
Arguably the biggest women's race of the year on at the moment and not a single comment so far?

Great win for Pooley yesterday. She broke the Rabobank-Liv stranglehold by really taking it to them.

Vos still in control, but good to see her under some pressure when the road seriously goes up.
People are a bit preoccupied arguing over Brailsford's decision to leave Wiggo at home. :thumbsup:

It was a cracking ride for Pooley. She showed good form at the Nationals too.

i was cheering Emma on from the sofa as i watched twitter updates - still, it's an improvement from a few years back where you'd be lucky to get the result within a week.

still not ideal though, watching the videos of the race online and it looks fantastic. maybe a trip there next year as every hotel in Utrecht seems to be full.

there is a women's 2 day race in Essex this weekend - TT and crit on saturday at the Redbridge cycling centre and RR on sunday near Saffron Walden.

I am going to watch The Tour of Britain in September. Stage 3 Definitely. Stage 4 maybe. Looks like they are getting some decent organisation in place for the womens tour in Great Britain.

http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/stages/index.php

that's the men's tour, you know that, yes?

the women's tour earlier in the year had better crowds than the men's event has had. the crowd at Welwtn GC was mahoosive

Top Bottom