How to Grow Women's Pro-Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Nicole Cooke's autobigraphy is out and it looks like it is going to be on the reading lists of anyone who has contributed in this thread (and should be required reading for everyone in the male-dominated upper echelons of cycling). If she had been a man, Cooke would have been celebrated and supported, and would have had teams built around her. As a woman, her fiercely independent, single-minded attitude marked her out as 'difficult' and hard to manage and, like Becky Addlington and many other strong female athletes, she was even attacked for her looks - as if it even matters to an athlete's performance.

Let's hope that people will pay attention to her undoubtedly serious and workable ideas about that her legacy will mean that fewer girls and women in the future have to put up with the kind of chauvinistic treatment that she did.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
But what a performance to finish on.
Emma won that race for Armistead. Immense effort.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
:bravo:

fimm

Veteran
Boyfriend said: there's going to be a new women's cycling team. Called Giant-Assos. I said: that sounds like something from April 1st. Boyfriend: No, really, but as someone else said, "someone didn't think that through very well"....
No link, sorry, just what b/f said...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Boyfriend said: there's going to be a new women's cycling team. Called Giant-Assos. I said: that sounds like something from April 1st. Boyfriend: No, really, but as someone else said, "someone didn't think that through very well"....
No link, sorry, just what b/f said...
I don't know if it's different from the Giant men's team but their new sponsor is Alpecin hair products
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/alpecin-announced-as-new-sponsor-for-giant-shimano
Well, Marcel Kittel is head and shoulders above the other sprinters:whistle:

fimm

Veteran
Top Bottom