I don't miss my hair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Really, I don't. I mean...

- Saving about £250 a year on haircuts (what would they be - £20 plus tip once a month?)
- Never suffer a 'bad hair day' after cycling, when it's windy etc
- Never waste time hair washing, drying, combing, brushing etc - that's maybe an hour a week (so that's about 3 x 14-hour 'waking days' a year to do other things!!)
- Must save another £10-£20 on shampoo and other hair-related products each year
- Don't get as hot and sweaty in summer
- Rain just runs off
- Easy to wear a running hat under helmet in winter

I keep the stubble down twice a week with a Wahl hair trimmer that cost a tenner 10 years ago - still going strong.

About the only downside I can see is having to wear a hat in summer.

:smile:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
£20? You must have gone to Toni & Guy's.:smile: I use a home razor thingy which cost me £20 about 5 years ago.

peanut

rich p said:
£20? You must have gone to Toni & Guy's.:smile: I use a home razor thingy which cost me £20 about 5 years ago.

we must have gone to the same shop Rich :biggrin:

still haven't quite got the hang of doing the back though :sad::smile:

I sometimes dream of the days when I was a hippy with long hair . I used to dry it with a 2KW fan heater for quickness. :biggrin: Probably why I lost it all .

OP
OP
beanzontoast
I have a chilling fear that I'll be at work, put my hand to my head and find a patch of uncropped hair.

I still can't get the double mirror-hand coordination thing right.

If you cut it short enough like me, it's just a case of running the trimmer all over in all directions. No finesse required. Simplez!

OP
OP
beanzontoast
I do, but there's always the chance of a stray hair or two.

OTOH, my barber wasn't that good either. Plus I fainted once at the barbers as a kid. Haven't fainted once using my Wahl! :smile::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
beanzontoast
I wet myself at the barber's once.

I was about 4 and too scared to ask to use the toilet.

I was 7. The barbers used a coke-fired heater in winter and it got stiflingly hot in there. All I remember is coming round flat on my back on the floor with Mrs Barberperson standing over me wafting white towels at me looking very concerned. Must have been quite a drop - the barber used to crank the chair up to his working height.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I go with the 'convict' look through choice too though it's starting to become necessity!

I'd agree with the points you raise, I've had 3 sets of £20 clippers over about 10 years. The only downside being that my mates used to go to a hairdressers with an Italian lady called Valentina who was quite well endowed in a certain area... I was told that I missed out on something good!

got-to-get-fit

lost mine too and i only really miss it when i see someone with really cool hair and i think i wish i had some of that. In general though i agree with the OP.

One thing i have noticed though is that i seem to bang my head a lot more now that im 'sans hair' not a month goes by when i dont have some sort of highly visible scratch or cut on my bonce.
I think that when you have hair you get a few millimetre of sensitive cushioning which gives your head an early warning signal that you are about to bang it.
This early warning gives you a nanosecond longer to pull your head out of the way .......doesnt happen when bald though.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
got-to-get-fit said:
lost mine too and i only really miss it when i see someone with really cool hair and i think i wish i had some of that. In general though i agree with the OP.

One thing i have noticed though is that i seem to bang my head a lot more now that im 'sans hair' not a month goes by when i dont have some sort of highly visible scratch or cut on my bonce.
I think that when you have hair you get a few millimetre of sensitive cushioning which gives your head an early warning signal that you are about to bang it.
This early warning gives you a nanosecond longer to pull your head out of the way .......doesnt happen when bald though.

True, but I still prefer the 'sans hair' approach. I should have added that winter is another drawback though - bit chilly without a woolie hat!

Top Bottom