I don't miss my hair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Once every four weeks, no 2. clippers, job done. I invested in a set of small clippers for the edges which Mrs KH 'lovingly' attends to.

Personally I much prefer a no. 1 all over to give that 'tennis ball' effect but Mrs. KH says I look too much like an Essex drug dealer.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Mr Pig said:
I don't believe you! ;0)

You trying to say that if it was possible for you to go back to being twenty-one with a full head of hair you'd say 'Naa, happier the way I am thanks'? Bollocks mate.

Oh, I don't know... when you think about it, hair's nothing but trouble really. And if I went back to being 21, it would only start falling out again. I think I'd rather stay as I am than go through the thinning process twice!

;)

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
ChrisKH said:
Personally I much prefer a no. 1 all over to give that 'tennis ball' effect but Mrs. KH says I look too much like an Essex drug dealer.

I go with the no.1 so I feel obliged to say:

E's, 'ash, whizz!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
ChrisKH said:
Once every four weeks, no 2. clippers, job done. I invested in a set of small clippers for the edges which Mrs KH 'lovingly' attends to.

Same here - once my barber went up from about 2.50 to £10.00 over the space of 2 years, I bought clippers for £11 and now I no.2-cut my own hair.

Been doing it now for almost 5 years, and recently I've become the barber of choice for my 93yr-old grandad (probably because I do it free !).

I liked a no.1 cut that I once tried on myself, but my family told me I looked like a criminal ;)

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I've been cutting Uncle James's hair for about 7 years with the same £10 Lidl clippers. He has a Number 1 all over (although I don't have to pay much attention to the top as there ain't no hair there).

The only issues are how far down I clip at the back. I don't like back hair/neck hair and have been trying unsuccessfully to persuade him to get it waxed for years. He won't go for the waxing so I sneakily try to clip a bit further down.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Mr Pig said:
I bought a set of clippers years ago, saves me hundreds and I'm not out to impress anyone anymore. Too fat, bald and ugly.

And I forgot to mention in my original list the time saved by d-i-y haircuts: not having to plan when to go out to the barbers, sit around waiting (or even worse, see the 19 people in the queue in front of you and decide to go back home again), make conversation for the nth time about where I'm going on holiday / the weather / the state of the nation / last night's television, then afterwards endure the journey home while trying not to scratch away at all the little hairs they managed to get down my neck and back.

[... and... breathe...]

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I get a #3 all over (my head) about once every 6 weeks or so. I'd do it meself, but i like neat edges ;)
The barber shop is on my street, and it costs £7, and of the 2 people who usually end up doing it, the guy is entertainingly funny, and the woman is entertainingly attractive :smile:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Well I am highly jealous of the lot of you-my hair is down to my waist and takes me about 20 mins of brushing and "ouches":tongue:to de-knot it when iv been out for a ride:angry:
Trouble is I WOULD miss mine.......:eek:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
£20 a month:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
Mine is £4 every 6 weeks(thats a minimum)
And, the price has gone up, used to be £3.
Its a right old fashioned one, hes got 2 long wooden benches, an old barbers chain, old table with all the trimmers and stuff laid out on and a big mirror and thats about it.
Oh, forgot the heater and dog basket.
Its nice in there, i like it. Dont know what im going to do if he closes, everywhere else is expensive.

Top Bottom