I just had an uninvited companion in the shower

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
snapper_37 said:
:biggrin: :tongue:

My lunch is coming up!!!

I don't like spiders much but I don't kill them. Got a nifty little spider-catcher. ;)

I did have mobile phone video of her eating it; I'll look it out for you later if you'd like :biggrin::evil:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
goo_mason said:
If you don't like spiders much, get a cat.
Good theory but my dog hates cats and has history with them of a rather nature-red-in-tooth-and-claw kind.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
goo_mason said:
I did have mobile phone video of her eating it; I'll look it out for you later if you'd like :biggrin::evil:

Oh thanks Goo .... that's like, really nice of you ;)

NOT!!!!!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I might be imagining this, but where there are a lot of those spindly, hanging around-in-corners-minding-their-own-business spiders, house spiders seem to know their place a bit better. Whether this is to do with competition for food, or whether the spindlies are fierce beasts who hunt down their hairy cousins, I can't say, but I like the results so I cultivate the presence of the spindlies. Someone once told me the spindlies were surprisingly venomous by British standards, but they might have been winding me up.

longers

Legendary Member
snapper_37 said:
Nope, I've heard that too.

Same here, and the same for daddy longlegs.

Something to do with them having crap teeth and a very small amount of venom means they shouldn't trouble us pesky humans too much.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Arent dady long legs or whatever they are called, really venimus? Im sure it was on mythbusters that the venum they have could kill a human. But they cant peice the skin to get it into the body, so they do no harm.
Or something like that

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Joe24 said:
Arent dady long legs or whatever they are called, really venimus? Im sure it was on mythbusters that the venum they have could kill a human. But they cant peice the skin to get it into the body, so they do no harm.
Or something like that

It depends what you class as 'daddy long legs'. The proper ones are a spider but we tend to call Crane flies that, at least where I come from.

Plus, they are a pain in the arse come late August!!!!

Oh, welcome back Joe... ;)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Has anyone on here handled a Tarantula? I may get the opportunity to do so some time over the next few weeks. I know they are big, but do they bite only if frightened. I presume this one will be used to being handled.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
snapper_37 said:
It depends what you class as 'daddy long legs'. The proper ones are a spider but we tend to call Crane flies that, at least where I come from.

Plus, they are a pain in the arse come late August!!!!

Oh, welcome back Joe... ;)

Hello Snapper

Top Bottom