I love our lift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We have a new lift at work which talks to you. However, it's been very quiet recently, just making a bingly noise and saying 'floor' whenever the door opened.

It's been fixed now by a kind man. Turns out that the poor thing was lost and didn't know which floor it was on. :ohmy:

Bless! :biggrin:

erm....

Actually get into a lift with anyone in America and they all talk. One bloke showed me his heart bypass scar in the space of 5 floors. I think I prefer your lift.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Chuffy said:
We have a new lift at work which talks to you. However, it's been very quiet recently, just making a bingly noise and saying 'floor' whenever the door opened.

It's been fixed now by a kind man. Turns out that the poor thing was lost and didn't know which floor it was on. :ohmy:

Bless! :biggrin:

Awwww. At least it was nice and didnt lie about what floor it thought it was on:thumbsup:

paddy01

Chuffy said:

It's been fixed now by a kind man. Turns out that the poor thing was lost and didn't know which floor it was on. :wacko:

Bless! :smile:

You don't work anywhere near Exe Bridges per chance do you?

Our lift has a penchant for random comments on arrival / departure :biggrin:

asterix

Comrade Member
That isn't a lift, it's a

Happy Vertical People Transporter
The lifts in the Hitchhiker's Guide offices are called Happy Vertical People Transporters. As designed by the Corporation, they are meant to be sentient (enough to argue with) and have "defocused temporal perception." The latter concept is meant to enable the lifts to see far enough into the future to arrive at a floor before a potential passenger realizes they wanted a lift, and thus remove any waiting as per old-fashioned lifts. Often they feel rebellious about the concept of only moving up and down, and sometimes experiment with moving sideways. Hitchhikers can earn money counseling neurotic Transporters.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Rhythm Thief said:
While it wasn't working, were you not tempted to stick a sign on it, saying "This Otis Regrets it's Unable to Lift Today"?:smile:
RT, that's inspired :smile::biggrin:

I've often thought that Otis should have relocated to Reading for comedic effect.

Top Bottom