If you could move anywhere in UK where would you move too?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've often thought that, great for "now", what about when you are potentially unable to drive. It's a key thing I'm looking at for when/if we move, if there's a doctors within a reasonable walking distance and it's on a decent bus route, I would consider a smaller village that's close to a town/small city.

Whilst we love North Wales (had a static there until recently), healthcare there is shocking - the hospitals are terrible (had this first hand when MIL had a fall). Let's say, it's better to patch yourself up and drive back home to England !

I would love to move to Edinburgh. I love the place.
But I won't, as it pisses down with rain every bloody day up norf.

I’d love to be able to counter that with a current observation of beautiful sunshine streaming through the windows. But I can’t, it’s absolutely miserable here today !

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Whilst we love North Wales (had a static there until recently), healthcare there is shocking - the hospitals are terrible (had this first hand when MIL had a fall). Let's say, it's better to patch yourself up and drive back home to England !

Yep, it's cracking healthcare in that there England...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-6...4-[bbcnews_worsthospitalwaitlists_newshealth]

cf Kinnock, 1985 (which I can't link over here because it's like a politics thing and the NHS isn't :smile: )

Drago

Legendary Member
Orkney, simple as that. We should be up there by now but just can’t get our act together financially with one thing and another 😢

Orcadians are a funny lot, you'd forever be a Ferry Louper, an outsider.

Us Shetlanders aren't so clannish and are more accepting of outsiders.

That said, Orkney in general is better kept, has lower crime, less of a drug problem, so you takes your pick.

Orcadians are a funny lot, you'd forever be a Ferry Louper, an outsider.

Us Shetlanders aren't so clannish and are more accepting of outsiders.

That said, Orkney in general is better kept, has lower crime, less of a drug problem, so you takes your pick.

We did got o Orkney a few years ago

Very nice place - in summer anyway

Wouldn;t mind living there but most remote (ish) areas can be a bit wary of outsiders I suppose

Drago

Legendary Member
I think its a prettier place than Shetland. Be sure you can cope with 5 hours of wishy washy daylight in the depths of winter, and da simmer dim in June.

I'd dearly love to go home but Mrs D isn't really that enthusiastic, and with her health (she has MS and is diabetic) its probably not a good idea to be too remote. A choice between home and Mrs D and I chose Mrs D. Its a constant stone in my shoe, but I love Mrs D so grit my teeth and make the sacrifice.

Slick

Guru
I think its a prettier place than Shetland. Be sure you can cope with 5 hours of wishy washy daylight in the depths of winter, and da simmer dim in June.

I'd dearly love to go home but Mrs D isn't really that enthusiastic, and with her health (she has MS and is diabetic) its probably not a good idea to be too remote. A choice between home and Mrs D and I chose Mrs D. Its a constant stone in my shoe, but I love Mrs D so grit my teeth and make the sacrifice.

I like it, its kinda what we do. :okay:

Today’s front page news…
IMG_0617.jpeg

Top Bottom