I'm a mean mum!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

DS2 left his shin pads at school and has football training tonight so I've told him if he wants to go he'll have to go and ask neighbour whether they have any he can borrow. He is not a happy bunny. To be honest we should probably have a couple of spare pairs ready for these occasions - mind you then both pairs will probably end up at school!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
And they expect tea on the table, fresh clothes etc.......sheesh !!!

gbb

Legendary Member
Willow said:
DS2 left his shin pads at school and has football training tonight so I've told him if he wants to go he'll have to go and ask neighbour whether they have any he can borrow. He is not a happy bunny. To be honest we should probably have a couple of spare pairs ready for these occasions - mind you then both pairs will probably end up at school!

Correct response Willow...:rofl:
I realised long ago that solving someone elses problems (my kids in particular), only encourages them to be lacksidaisical ... laxadaysical..oh bugger...lazy :rofl:

OP
OP
W

Willow

gbb said:
Correct response Willow...:rofl:
I realised long ago that solving someone elses problems (my kids in particular), only encourages them to be lacksidaisical ... laxadaysical..oh bugger...lazy :ohmy:

It's the same son that on Friday evening let the bath overflow till it came through the ceiling - he really is quite intelligent but brains doesn't always mean commonsense!:rofl:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have one like that - very clever - forgets to bring stuff, then decides he needs something, when it isn't actually needed..... I don't go and get it..tough....

Forget something, find a solution !

Maz

Guru
Willow said:
DS2 left his shin pads at school and has football training tonight so I've told him if he wants to go he'll have to go and ask neighbour whether they have any he can borrow.
So did he go round and ask in the end? I bet he did.

ChrisKH

Guru
Lardyboy said:
Shin Pads!!!!!!! We never had shin pads when I were a lad. Lucky if you had socks never mind pads to go in them. :cry:

Shin pads are now obligatory (in my neck of the woods) if you play youth football. My 5 year old had his first game on Sunday (lost unfortunately) and pads are required for all players.

Coach is now talking about getting the players kitted out in what he called winter body armour.

"I thought this was a non-contact sport?" says I. B)

wafflycat

Willow said:

Approves.

Brains

Legendary Member
Shin pads - that taking it a bit seriously. In my day a couple of school execise books were the only option, and they fit perfectly well and on a serious note are probably just as good (as long as it's not wet). As for kit for 5 yr olds - in my neck of the woods they they dont even have a matching strip or even footie boots, just turn up and have a good game

(I noticed not all the teams even had the same number of players seemed to vary between 10 and 12)

OP
OP
W

Willow

yep he did ask and shin pads duly returned. Today he has not been successful in finding one lost trainer . I have in my possession a new set of goalie gloves which cost £40, if he dare loses one!!!!???;)

OP
OP
W

Willow

tdr1nka said:
Put the gloves on a string thru the arms of his shirt!
He'll think that's soooooooo cool!;)

yeh but how will I make sure he doesn't lose the shirt too:rofl:

I'm giving the wrong impression really he is a lovely boy, very kind polite and helpful but has these spaced out moments - of course he isn't a teenager yet!

Top Bottom