Introducing Star Wars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Star wars Was the first 3...ive watched them many many times..
the new stuff ....i may have watched twice...but i cant say i have any memorable moments...

TVC

You have to start with ep4 it's the only way. Why risk putting him off by snowing him 1-3.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Episode IV, and V first, so he can get the shock of Vader revealing himself as Luke's father.
Then episodes I-III as a kind of extended flashback exploring Vader's origin.
Then VI, VII to finish on a high.

Last edited:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!

Live long & prosper

Doesn't matter. At that age they'll watch them all multiple times and know more about them than you in short order. it's us older folk who seem to obsess about the order, it's not how kids of today see and watch things.

Reactions: srw

winjim

Smash the cistern
Just don't overthink it. They're children's films. I love the first ones but it's just nostalgia 'cos they were dead exciting when I was a kid. They're actually pretty rubbish films; if you start thinking about them too closely all the plotlines completely unravel.

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
I am sorry, I just don't get it. I watched the original when I was a teenager and thought - Meh! I never bothered with any others, it is not a girl thing though Daughter (17) loves them.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Start at A New Hope and let him in with a bang

TBH, If I'd started with the Ep 1 I'd very likely not have been bothered to watch the 2nd or 3rd let alone A New Hope or Empire Strikes back. I reserve judgement of Return of the Jedi good and tied up the strings, but didn't quite live up to the previous two for me.

Episode 1 is one of those films you idly watch on a Sunday afternoon to avoid the chores.

Top Bottom