England : Suffolk Ipswich area informal adventure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
So a few of us have talked about going out for an informal, not too fast, intro to group riding ride around the Ipswich area, possibly with cakes and pies involved.

So how about a ride to Orford and back? Early Sunday mornings work well for me, and as the nights are drawing in (yeeesh) then perhaps evenings are out of the question?

How about Sunday October 28th as a date? Early start so we can be back home for Sunday lunch? It's the last day of summer so it seems fitting somehow.

So far the following members have shown an interest, please add your name if you'd like to join us.

@4F
@SimonJKH
@mattobrien

And I reckon @scilly-suffolk might be interested

Reactions: 4F

compo

Veteran
What a pity I no longer live in Suffolk, although I will be in Suffolk on the 28th. See my request for advice elswhere.

mattobrien

Guru
Sadly I can't do that day, but don't let that stop the rest of you having. Wonderful ride out.

I look forward to being able to join a ride at a later date.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Right then, I need to be back in Ipswich for noon so I'd like to start this ride about 7am, although if that's a problem for anyone then 8am will be okay.

The total distance is about 45 miles, so if we aim to do it in four hours then that gives us an average moving speed of just under 12mph. In reality we'll see what pace is comfortable on the day; I don't want anyone to be put off coming on this ride because they're worried we'll be going too fast!

Top Bottom