Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
You might just win....she's had five ops on her arms (two when she was a child and three recently), a major shoulder reconstruction (falling off a motorbike in the Sudan in 1980), a plate in her leg (after a tib/fib break iceskating) not to mention arthroscopies of both knees and her right shoulder..........
She's an adventurous lass, is Mrs R ! :wahhey:

"Falling off a motorbike in the Sudan in 1980" - what a quote - brilliant !
respect-061.gif
:laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Next year I am abandoning the habit of keeping mileage records.
How am I meant to keep track of your training for a certain 110 miler then? :dry:

Cameronmu917772

How's it going @Cameronmu917772 ? Reached Crail yet ? :whistle:
Where were you guys lol.
I ended up shooting out for a we night blast round cupar and as a result my knees have gone again. Be looking at a bike fit for Xmas there has to be somthing wrong. Still got 800 miles to do this year to hit my target aswell. The reason for my asking of up and coming rides ^_^

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
@Edwardoka do i happen to see your name in the signed up list for that wee sportive up the north west of Scotland that just happens to go over the highest road climb in the UK?

@Edwardoka do i happen to see your name in the signed up list for that wee sportive up the north west of Scotland that just happens to go over the highest road climb in the UK?
It's not outwith the realms of possibility :whistle:

(yes :bicycle:)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Yep, you are mad @Edwardoka (in a nice way, of course ;)).

On another note, I've just wrestled the ice tyres back onto the tank's wheels :sweat:, with a clear night predicted after rain ... might just get some black ice 'up the hills' near work ... :ohmy: better safe than sorry, especially as the speedy summer tyres are much slicker than the previous lot...
I had a little help from Santa with the tyre wrestling :snowball: (that's what a friend's wee boy tentatively called HJ yesterday :laugh:).
Speaking of quotes of the day, here is another one ... we were out in East Lothian with 3 bikes and a trailer, going past some chickens, 'What do the chickens say?' ... response: quite respectable chicken noises... Passing a pony in a field ... 'what do horses say?' ... 'hello' :laugh:

T

Yep, you are mad @Edwardoka (in a nice way, of course ;)).
Yup. My cycling calendar for next year is completely bonkers mental. Better that than this year's, which was largely improvised and meant I missed out on almost all the sportives :sad: but somewhat made up for it with a few awesome CC rides :smile:

I had a little help from Santa with the tyre wrestling :snowball: (that's what a friend's wee boy tentatively called HJ yesterday :laugh:).
Speaking of quotes of the day, here is another one ... we were out in East Lothian with 3 bikes and a trailer, going past some chickens, 'What do the chickens say?' ... response: quite respectable chicken noises... Passing a pony in a field ... 'what do horses say?' ... 'hello' :laugh:

T
:laugh: Glad to hear that more fun was had than could be gleaned by HJ's tweets about the woeful path designs!

Top Bottom