Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
The way i see it the faster i ride to work the quicker im here :thumbsdown:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ha ha, I genuinely didn't think of you when I was typing that - I was thinking about people who are ACTUALLY on their couches! Me thinks you are getting paranoid in your old age Mr Scooshie, must be all that lying down you do... :tongue:
You think I wasn't on my couch, which actually really is a Laze-Boy recliner :thumbsup: :wahhey:?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
... of contentment, peace and relaxation a fat old git who can't be ***ed to go for a ride ... :sad:

No mojo again. :headshake:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
The faster you ride home from work... :thumbsup:

It's all uphill :thumbsdown:
Then the fitter and faster you will get - then it's Goodbye @Fubar ! :rofl:

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
It's all uphill :thumbsdown:
After 4 years of riding 5 miles to work with the last 2.5 miles being uphill, I reached the conclusion it would prefer it to be uphill on the way home, so I changed my route and made it 8.5 miles on the way home (crosscountry with offroad for half of that distance) and reached the conclusion it was easier to do the uphill on the way home. So for the last 3 years at that place whilst most of the climbing was done in the morning and I more than doubled the overall climb, I did the worst Hill in the evening on the way home from work and it was much easier.

Col5632

Guru
After 4 years of riding 5 miles to work with the last 2.5 miles being uphill, I reached the conclusion it would prefer it to be uphill on the way home, so I changed my route and made it 8.5 miles on the way home (crosscountry with offroad for half of that distance) and reached the conclusion it was easier to do the uphill on the way home. So for the last 3 years at that place whilst most of the climbing was done in the morning and I more than doubled the overall climb, I did the worst Hill in the evening on the way home from work and it was much easier.

It could be my simple mind but this confuses me :laugh:

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
It could be my simple mind but this confuses me :laugh:
Surrey is just confusing. My route initially was flat for the first 2.5 miles then the last 2.5 miles were one of those horrible gradients where it got steeper and steeper... Home was easy. But I was witnessing 5 or 6 near misses on every commute, so each way an average of 1 per mile and it was getting too stressful. Itv actually got to the point where the police knew who I was.. The female cyclist at such and such a school was all they needed to Id me as a witness to the next accident... There were that many of them.

So after a strong of fatal ones I changed my route, but there was a bigger Hill between me and work on the new route. So overall my climbing was twice what it had been, still averaged more in the morning that going home, but the hill vomit home at night was still easier than the old Mill going to work. My only hazards became fallen trees, trigger happy squaddies who were, meant to be on entry duty (we lived on MOD land) and a curious cycle lane that had me cycling up a slip road with a national speed limit, but cycling up what for me was the right hand side of it as it joined the A3! Oh and there was always a police car at the top of the slip road who I used to wave hello to whilst cycling up the wrong side... :whistle: getting to work was more of an assault course in autumn and winter and hugely entertaining!

Top Bottom