Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cameronmu917772

Hi guys
Yes I'm still alive haha
Been stuck in the kitchen for too long and need to get back out on the bike providing my knees don't swell up like they have been doing recently. So...
When's the next ride?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hi guys
Yes I'm still alive haha
Been stuck in the kitchen for too long and need to get back out on the bike providing my knees don't swell up like they have been doing recently. So...
When's the next ride?
Tomorrow morning - 0830 at Fisher & Donaldson's, Cupar. :thumbsup:

Ride :bicycle: to Fisher and Donaldson's, St Andrews via B940 to Crail, A917 to St Andrews, B939/940 to Cupar.

Enjoy. ^_^

The Fudge doughnuts will get you there and back ... :hungry:

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Back road from Braco down to Dunblane, nice quiet country road with about 50 yards in shade that had iced over overnight and hadn't seen any sun to defrost. Nothing anyone could do, I heard some shouting from the front (Tom had gone down) and possibly touched my brake to slow down - next thing I'm sliding along the tarmac! I doubt even if I'd noticed I could have prevented it, instinct is to brake though probably keeping pedaling would have been better - which is difficult when everyone in front of you is braking!
Was that last Sunday? Was icy here too. I was glad I chose to jog rather than cycle. Sections of the back roads were like two steps forward one slide back. Hope everyone's healed up ok.

Fubar

Guru
Was that last Sunday? Was icy here too. I was glad I chose to jog rather than cycle. Sections of the back roads were like two steps forward one slide back. Hope everyone's healed up ok.

Yeah last Sunday - apparently the group 30 minutes ahead of us encountered much more widespread ice on the roads up that way, though they were at least forewarned and no-one came off. Think we are sticking to the coast roads this weekend! Thanks for the kind words, healing nicely :smile:

Col5632

Guru
I still use MCL but its been down pretty much all week, only just logged this weeks rides

Brandane

Legendary Member
I've given up with MCL.. Rarely bother to use Strava either these days. Have joined the ranks of the "just go out and ride for the fresh air" brigade! Next year I am abandoning the habit of keeping mileage records.

Fubar

Guru
I've given up with MCL.. Rarely bother to use Strava either these days. Have joined the ranks of the "just go out and ride for the fresh air" brigade! Next year I am abandoning the habit of keeping mileage records.

But...but... how will you know how far you've gone? How fast you did it? Average BPM? Cadence? Elevation? Improvement!?!

My God man, it's like going back to the Dark Ages! Like when we were children!! Chapeau to you Sir, I don't think I could cope...

Brandane

Legendary Member
But...but... how will you know how far you've gone? How fast you did it? Average BPM? Cadence? Elevation? Improvement!?!

My God man, it's like going back to the Dark Ages! Like when we were children!! Chapeau to you Sir, I don't think I could cope...
I never did have one of those new fangled heart monitors, or a cadence sensor. So I was probably not worthy of Strava in the first place :thumbsup:. Oh, and what is this "improvement" of which you speak? I'm going backwards!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I never did have one of those new fangled heart monitors, or a cadence sensor. So I was probably not worthy of Strava in the first place :thumbsup:. Oh, and what is this "improvement" of which you speak? I'm going backwards!
He's young - still thinks he's getting/will get better ... :sad:

Fubar

Guru

Oh well then, if you put it like that you're better off out of it... ;)

Top Bottom