Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Believe it or not the FIRST thing I did once I was back on my feet was pause my Garmin! Then I checked over the bike, then got angry that I'd ripped new kit - finally I realised I might have hurt myself...
New tights for the man...

Seriously sore looking...
Oh poor @Fubar :hugs:
You must stop the diet, when I landed on ice my well padded derriere bounced me back immediately :biggrin:

So thats what the bag of compost is for...soft landings:rolleyes:

Fubar

Guru
New tights for the man...

Seriously sore looking...

So thats what the bag of compost is for...soft landings:rolleyes:

Club kit too, which takes about 6 months to make up and 2 weeks in my hands to destroy!

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Club kit too, which takes about 6 months to make up and 2 weeks in my hands to destroy!
Two weeks?
It wouldn't last that long with me....

Feeling for you,
I've been skidding along the ground as a (motor)biker more than a few times..
I learnt the hard way about ice and aquaplaning...
I still panic when I see diesel on the road.

A quick recovery, Sir...new kit (Tesco do a nice 15 denier and make it last longer this time)... :thumbsup:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
What Scottish Road Rash looks like:
62341-640d2805db781d7dfdc172be4a8354a4.jpg
62342-e9f6edb9cd65b0e021bc43d7a3a05a4f.jpg
62343-0370c49ec1a363486be46f3ece782b8f.jpg

(Note pasty white skin under angry red gouges) The 3rd picture is actually a lump, not my knee...
OUCH ! and OUCH ! again ! :ohmy:

That looks very nasty and even painful. xx(

Back on the bike by now ?? :bicycle:

GWS :hugs:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I had an "off" yesterday on black ice (photos are available), take care on them roads especially where the sun doesn't get to the Tarmac - nice sunny day too, just seems to have been a dip in temperature over the weekend.

Be careful out there folks!

:ohmy: Hope your bruises heal quickly.:hugs:
No black ice around here just yet, at least none that I saw - was in Lisbon all last week for work, where it was +14C to +20C depending on whether it rained or not (and it rained a lot, before anybody gets too jealous). Should invest in some ice tyres for the commute, then you'll be laughing in the face of black ice :smile:. I keep looking at the forecast and am preparing myself to get them on ... quite a tough job! It took three of us to get them off in the spring (@snorri lived to tell the tale :thumbsup:), broke 2 plastic tyre leavers in the process.:sweat:
Pedals in Bruntsfield have a stash of affordable ones if anybody is interested ...

Believe it or not the FIRST thing I did once I was back on my feet was pause my Garmin! Then I checked over the bike, then got angry that I'd ripped new kit - finally I realised I might have hurt myself...

:rolleyes: (Actually, I did the same when I last came off, the long-sleeved jersey was only a couple of weeks old, too - sod's law! And the moral is ...? Don't buy any new kit :laugh:)

T

Fubar

Guru
Photos should look good, sorry the bruises should be looking good...

Seriously how are you now? Got to still be hurting a tad surely?

Elbow and hip are both sore and a bit uncomfortable, better when I keep moving and I tend to stiffen up overnight (calling @Fnaar !) - just can't lie on my left side at the mo. Nothing has turned purple or dropped off yet so all good. Back to turbo training tonight, a chance for me to milk it some more!!

Fubar

Guru
Where did you come off?

Back road from Braco down to Dunblane, nice quiet country road with about 50 yards in shade that had iced over overnight and hadn't seen any sun to defrost. Nothing anyone could do, I heard some shouting from the front (Tom had gone down) and possibly touched my brake to slow down - next thing I'm sliding along the tarmac! I doubt even if I'd noticed I could have prevented it, instinct is to brake though probably keeping pedaling would have been better - which is difficult when everyone in front of you is braking!

Col5632

Guru
Back road from Braco down to Dunblane, nice quiet country road with about 50 yards in shade that had iced over overnight and hadn't seen any sun to defrost. Nothing anyone could do, I heard some shouting from the front (Tom had gone down) and possibly touched my brake to slow down - next thing I'm sliding along the tarmac! I doubt even if I'd noticed I could have prevented it, instinct is to brake though probably keeping pedaling would have been better - which is difficult when everyone in front of you is braking!

How many went down?

Fubar

Guru
All injured like you or worse?

Tom thought he may have dislocated his thumb, Rob seemed ok at the time (my bike going down took him out) and Clare was pretty shaken up (first time she'd had an off) and her leg started to swell at the cafe stop so she decided to phone her partner to be picked up. We were about as far away from home on that ride as it's possible to get so no point phoning anyone and we were all walking wounded, did make me a bit more tentative for the rest of the ride mind.

Col5632

Guru
Tom thought he may have dislocated his thumb, Rob seemed ok at the time (my bike going down took him out) and Clare was pretty shaken up (first time she'd had an off) and her leg started to swell at the cafe stop so she decided to phone her partner to be picked up. We were about as far away from home on that ride as it's possible to get so no point phoning anyone and we were all walking wounded, did make me a bit more tentative for the rest of the ride mind.

Makes you more cautious in all colder rides i feel :unsure:

Top Bottom