Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
:laugh:
You're not half right! :cycle:
@Fubar @Edwardoka let's do the 500 with a support van, so all abilities can join, let's do it over 8/9 days (you racing snakes can do 2 loops a day), let's have the cycling trip of a lifetime!
Slowly a plan is unfolding, I'm gonna have a good think about it and start a thread ^_^

TBF you can probably pay a company to organise that for you, if you have the cash - otherwise do LEJOG over 10 days.

Much more satisfying to organise and ride it yourself...

Fubar

Guru
:laugh:
You're not half right! :cycle:
@Fubar @Edwardoka let's do the 500 with a support van, so all abilities can join, let's do it over 8/9 days (you racing snakes can do 2 loops a day), let's have the cycling trip of a lifetime!
Slowly a plan is unfolding, I'm gonna have a good think about it and start a thread ^_^

Anyway, @Edwardoka has LEL next year and my calendar is about to get a WHOLE lot busier, so 8-9 days may not be possible.

Don't let that put you off though!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
TBF you can probably pay a company to organise that for you, if you have the cash - otherwise do LEJOG over 10 days.

Much more satisfying to organise and ride it yourself...
Nay, we are Scottish: we don't pay if we can DIY it :laugh:
I did actually check out organized North 500 trips, there don't seem to be any just yet.
What I meant is we rent the van, one of us (injured or not a cyclist) drives it ^_^
Or we drive it in turns, or something, I'll put my thinking hat on, don't press me ... or do I detect your organizing instincts surfacing? ;)

Fubar

Guru
Nay, we are Scottish: we don't pay if we can DIY it :laugh:
I did actually check out organized North 500 trips, there don't seem to be any just yet.
What I meant is we rent the van, one of us (injured or not a cyclist) drives it ^_^
Or we drive it in turns, or something, I'll put my thinking hat on, don't press me ... or do I detect your organizing instincts surfacing? ;)

I knew what you meant but a van costs and I'm not sure what it adds? Except the option to fail...

If you set realistic goals each day it should be achievable, i.e. <=100k per day - if we had had a van on day 2 of Glas-Inv I don't think there would have been any space left! We all still managed though (except Maddie...)

The logistics would be a 'mare and next year is probably out, 2018 may be difficult too as I will have a dissertation to complete - but if I WAS organising it I wouldn't start a thread as the limited accommodation may restrict numbers.

Just thinking out loud...

Brandane

Legendary Member
I knew what you meant but a van costs and I'm not sure what it adds? Except the option to fail...

If you set realistic goals each day it should be achievable, i.e. <=100k per day - if we had had a van on day 2 of Glas-Inv I don't think there would have been any space left! We all still managed though (except Maddie...)

The logistics would be a 'mare and next year is probably out, 2018 may be difficult too as I will have a dissertation to complete - but if I WAS organising it I wouldn't start a thread as the limited accommodation may restrict numbers.

Just thinking out loud...
Let's get the fag packet out... 500 miles at 5 mph = 100 hours cycling. Fag breaks, chatting, befriending dogs, shopping etc. means about 5 hours per day on the bike, so 20 days to complete.
20 days luggage for @Pat "5mph" and friends; maybe I could borrow one of these for 3 weeks and be the support driver: :laugh:

14563067694_8681dd268f_b.jpg

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Let's get the fag packet out... 500 miles at 5 mph = 100 hours cycling. Fag breaks, chatting, befriending dogs, shopping etc. means about 5 hours per day on the bike, so 20 days to complete.
20 days luggage for @Pat "5mph" and friends; maybe I could borrow one of these for 3 weeks and be the support driver: :laugh:

You could fit some camp beds in there too ... and a wee sink ... and a cooker ... no loo, though ! xx(

Fubar

Guru

No stopping no shopping!!! And she says I'm not bossy enough...

Top Bottom