Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, get your coat :laugh:
I'll need one if @Brandane is involved...

Fubar

Guru
I would love to! Thinking about it :eek:

If you can organise a Glasgae POP your can organise a tour, delegation is the key... ;)

And anyway, I want to come along as a participant - then I can ask "what's for breakfast Pat?" "what's for lunch Pat?" "what's for dinner Pat?"

Oh and complain to you about every single detail and decision then flounce off halfway through when I don't get my own way.

Brandane

Legendary Member
If you can organise a Glasgae POP your can organise a tour, delegation is the key... ;)

And anyway, I want to come along as a participant - then I can ask "what's for breakfast Pat?" "what's for lunch Pat?" "what's for dinner Pat?"

Oh and complain to you about every single detail and decision then flounce off halfway through when I don't get my own way.
I feel your pain..... The most recent ride I got involved in was gate-crashed by people from a group outside of the forum concerned. Fair enough, but some of them obviously hadn't read the ride information and description, other than the start time and place. I think they were expecting a club style peleton type ride (which I wouldn't have a clue how to do) and were quite surprised to see some of the bikes on show. A million and one questions followed, and with me not being the most patient person on the planet it was something of a tongue biting exercise.

If it's any consolation, organising motorbike weekend trips away is exactly the same and I have given up on that particular sideline too. The ride is too long/too short; too many main roads/too many windy back roads; too many stops/not enough stops; don't like pubs/don't like cafés; the weather is crap/it's too hot.... arghhhh! You can't please all the people, all the time, as they say.

Fubar

Guru
I feel your pain..... The most recent ride I got involved in was gate-crashed by people from a group outside of the forum concerned. Fair enough, but some of them obviously hadn't read the ride information and description, other than the start time and place. I think they were expecting a club style peleton type ride (which I wouldn't have a clue how to do) and were quite surprised to see some of the bikes on show. A million and one questions followed, and with me not being the most patient person on the planet it was something of a tongue biting exercise.

If it's any consolation, organising motorbike weekend trips away is exactly the same and I have given up on that particular sideline too. The ride is too long/too short; too many main roads/too many windy back roads; too many stops/not enough stops; don't like pubs/don't like cafés; the weather is crap/it's too hot.... arghhhh! You can't please all the people, all the time, as they say.

Ha yes! TBF I'm being a bit flippant as the majority have been fine, but it only takes one or two who's "expectations" aren't matched (or who have their own agenda) to ruin it. I mean, it's not like I get PAID to organise these trips!!

At the moment I need a break but I think in future IF I ever did it again it would be by invitation only, as I know those who I can rely on (you know who you are!).

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

:laugh:
Thing is you're too nice: next time bossy us about a wee bit, all will behave ^_^

Fubar

Guru
:laugh:
Thing is you're too nice: next time bossy us about a wee bit, all will behave ^_^

We are supposed to ENJOY these tours, including me!

it only takes one or two who's "expectations" aren't matched (or who have their own agenda) to ruin it.
I stop for cake once in Boat of Garten and you're still going on about it a year later... GET OVER IT BERTIMUS

If anyone else wants to organise one, as always, I'm happy to act as deputy, map plotter, domestique and mobile road sign.
I won't ever take the lead, though, not after the absolute debacle of the Glasgow feeder ride.
I'm constitutionally incapable of decisive leadership in the event of a crisis.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I won't ever take the lead, though, not after the absolute debacle of the Glasgow feeder ride.
Yeah, well, you could have told us in advance about not remembering the way out of Glasgow, about not having your Garmin, we could have all met at the SECC, taken the path (suitable for skinny tyres) to Balloch, then on to Callander via the Dukes pass :whistle:
Never mind, it was an experience! :laugh:

Fubar

Guru
I stop for cake once in Boat of Garten and you're still going on about it a year later... GET OVER IT BERTIMUS

If anyone else wants to organise one, as always, I'm happy to act as deputy, map plotter, domestique and mobile road sign.

IT WAS A QUICK STOP! Next thing you lot are in some gallery troughing cheesecake and Pat and I are in the Spar shop trying to explain double-espresso macchiato to the poor cow behind the till...

Top Bottom