Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Bossy enough ? Maybe's aye, maybe's naw ... but forceful enough ... :headshake: - you're too nice! :laugh:

Fair enough, I'll take that.

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Has this been the year of fewest cc eccose group rides? I bought a small backpack a few weeks back to try a one night "tour" at some point. Have three weeks off before end of the year so may go adventuring

Brandane

Legendary Member
Subject change I know but the Sportive Kinross opened this morning. 89 places left out of 875! £25
It's full now. Plus, I found the expected problem I have with such events :angry:........
An approved cycle helmet, conforming to CE standards EN1078 (or better), is worn at all times whilst riding during a Sportive Kinross event. As encouraged under British Cycling Guidelines for Non-competitive Events.

Brandane

Legendary Member
If you really wanted to ride it, you could have just worn the helmet :whistle:
Not wishing to start any kind of "H" word debate on here, BUT ;)....... I don't want to be dictated to by organisers of these events (or their insurance companies). It's perfectly legal to ride without a helmet, so why the stupid requirement? NB... I have been known to wear one, e.g. at the Round Stra'ven 50; because they don't make it a requirement.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Why on earth would you do that?
Is the Sta'ven 50 particularly head injury inducing?
I did it because I am a weak willed wimp. Everyone else wears one, and I don't like standing out from the crowd. Sometimes it is easier just to join the flock of sheep. It pains me and I seek forgiveness, but I did it :blush:. I did feel like a traitor and did not enjoy wearing one.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I did it because I am a weak willed wimp. Everyone else wears one, and I don't like standing out from the crowd. Sometimes it is easier just to join the flock of sheep. It pains me and I seek forgiveness, but I did it :blush:. I did feel like a traitor and did not enjoy wearing one.
Och, you're over analyzing.
Once I wore one on tour because I thought it would reassure @Fubar.
Well, the truth is I really thought he would blow his heid off if I'd showed up without one :laugh:

Top Bottom