is it ok to fight back???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

The other night on my way home from work i was pulling up at some traffic lights when a white Vauxhaul Corsa with 4 young girls in pulls alongside and then continues to move closer and closer to me until im about 2mm from the kerb then as i wobble and do everything i can to stay balanced they cut infront of me and stop sharply causing me emergency stop.

I knew they had seen me as one of the girls in the front seat laughed and did a half glance over her shoulder and muttered something to her mate who also laughed.

I was so incensed i re-mounted and cycled past the drivers door with my left foot unclipped, just as i was about to pedal furiously away i kicked the drivers door leaving an impressive dent and rounded it off with a blown kiss.

i pulled away quicker than them and shot off into a housing estate where they could not follow.
However i could still hear their indignant screams.

So am i a bad cyclist????

In my favour they were fat, ugly, shell suit wearing chavs. does that make it more acceptable???

Fat and Ugly you say. Seems fair to me then. Now if they'd been pretty.........

Globalti

Legendary Member
If not a kick, a well-placed pedal or handlebar along the door ought to leave the driver with a lasting and sweet momento of your brief meeting.

johnnyh

Veteran
fair play

I have it on good authority that it is possible to smash the side window of a Corsa by kicking the door hard enough when the window is wound down. Surprisingly easy actually, and very satisfying when the driver has one leg out of the door.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If a driver/passenger was laughing about it, I'd give the door a boot - although mighty tricky on a fixed..... ping the wing mirror maybe.....

grhm

Veteran
Opening the farthest door from the occupants before riding off is a less damaging response.

Apparently.

Possibly - but the OP said 4 girls in the car. So I'd guess each was sat next to a door - and you can never guarantee the boot will be unlocked.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
numbnuts said:
.....so the next cyclist he see's he rams him off the road because of your actions

What absolute bollocks. An unprovoked, pre-meditated attack with a car? If she does it again, it'll be because she thinks she can still get away with it.

Top Bottom