Is it the wrong or right time of year to....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
This is the cheapest time of year to buy, there are some great deals out there.

Winter? People didn't stop cycling in October before MTBs were invented. Keep it clean and lubed and you'll be ok.

There's nothing like cycling on a freezing cold day! I love seeing the frosty scenery whooshing past, the encounters with nocturnal creatures like owls that you don't see in the summer, the feeling of adventure! Just dress up properly and you'll be surprised how great cycling in the winter can be - but that equipment can come at quite a cost, so be warned. However, always check the forecast and if there's any possibility of black ice or snow, don't go out. I found out the hard way ...!

.. or simply ride a recumbent trike with snow tyres?

DSCF00012.jpg

P1070053.jpg

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I love winter riding on my road bike. Whether its the commute or a simple jaunt for fitness or to the shop. I just make sure the ground temp isnt going to be an issue for ice. The air temp is another thing - I just layer up.

Reactions: Moe

screenman

Legendary Member
Why do some tight wad cyclist always think money, buy it for the pleasure, not the saving.

gazza_d

This is an excellent time of year to buy a bike - lots of decent deals to be had.

Great to ride as well. Some lovely autumn sunshine to come & winter can be nice too. Just keep it cleaned down to reduce the effect of salt and general gunge. Doesn't need to be a full stripdown, just a quick wash with a bucket of water & car shampoo using a soft brush is fine.

Get some decent layers of clothing as well and you are all set.

Top Bottom